Photo

Printer Advice...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 KCB2011

KCB2011
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

I have a 3 in 1 HP as well (inkjet) and it worked great for my STDs but they were on regular cardstock.  I am nervous about using it for my metallic carstock because I have heard it doesn't work very well since the metallic won't absord the ink properly like regular paper/cardstock.  Just a thought if you are planning on using metallic cardstock for anything!

#12 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
    • 270 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:45 AM

super helpful thread.  I was just shopping around on bestbuy for a new printer.  I have one from my work that only prints in black and white.

I am on the hunt for an Epson or HP... wireless and probably laser....though I am not sure if I will bother with mettallic cardstock or not...

thanks ladies! 

Holly

#13 anudrm

anudrm
      • 760 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

We have an HP ink jet (even though it is called a laser jet *shurgs) yet anyhow, it prints wonderfully!! We got it at Best Buy for $90 when our LexMark decided it didn't want to be part of our home wireless network, oh well, it's lost :)

#14 jmastr05

jmastr05
        • 189 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

This is the printer that we bought for all of our wedding printing: http://www.bestbuy.c...6&skuId=1200906.

It served us well. We used it for

registry cards

recipient address labels for the wedding invitations

shower invitations

return address labels for the shower invitations

recipient address labels for the shower invitations

shower thank you cards

return address labels for the shower thank you cards

recipient address labels for the shower thank you cards

programs

welcome letters

I am not as technically knowledgeable as some of these ladies, but I would recommend a printer with a scanner. We scanned the icon from our ordered wedding invitations and used it on some of our DIY projects. I'm def glad we had the scanner.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users