Jump to content

Photo

2012 Barcelo Maya Palace Brides!!!


  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#41 Brenners

Brenners
  • Member
  • 807 posts

    Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

    We are have the Strawberry Passion package - our guest numbers are closer to 25.  65 is quite a few so that is great!  We are using Erick Rodriguez from Claudia Rodriguez Studio and they are in the Cancun area.  There are many great photographers in the Riviera Maya.  Do you have a particular photographer that you are looking at using?  If so, then it is smart to see if another bride will split the cost for the travel and room expenses.  If you don't have anyone in mind, I would recommend checking out the Vendor Reviews for the section regarding photographers so you can get an idea of photographers in the area and their styles.  Good luck planning!
     

    Originally Posted by jnitsopoulos 

    Hey,

     

    I am getting married at the Barcelo Palace on April 18th, 2012 and got the Chocolate Package. We have about 65 people coming...

     

    Our wedding planner told us to go with the chocolate package... Did anyone else get this package?

     

    Is anyone bringing a photographer? I was thinking about splitting the flight cost with another bride. If anyone interested let me know!!!



     



    #42 Macker

    Macker
    • Newbie
    • 22 posts

      Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

      Hey congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! We are getting the Strawberry Package, our numbers are only around 35. After researching all of the photographers in Mexico, we just felt the prices were way too high for what you are getting, so we are bringing our own photographer, who is amazing!!! BUT that being said, if we had no other choice, I would def go with Elizabeth Medina, she is really great! Good luck!!!



      #43 mrssemenuksoon

      mrssemenuksoon
      • Newbie
      • 37 posts

        Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:20 PM



        Originally Posted by Brenners 

        Yes, the cost is per string.  Not sure on the cost.  Once I find out from my WC, then I will share with you.
         



         



        Heard back from Claudia today...the cost is $5 per string. You would think that lighting would be included in the Strawberry Passion Package. You have to pay for candles as well if you don't bring your own. They really get you once you are there, thank goodness for all the good tips on this forum...Hope there aren't alot of other hidden costs when we get there. I mean we can afford the extra for lighting, but really...? What if someone couldn't? They'd be eating dinner in the dark?! Lol...silly! 



        #44 Brenners

        Brenners
        • Member
        • 807 posts

          Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

          Thanks for the information.  I agree that it should be included with the package.  I will need to ask my WC how many light strings are needed for Playa Azul.  Does it ever end???
           

          Originally Posted by mrssemenuksoon 



          Heard back from Claudia today...the cost is $5 per string. You would think that lighting would be included in the Strawberry Passion Package. You have to pay for candles as well if you don't bring your own. They really get you once you are there, thank goodness for all the good tips on this forum...Hope there aren't alot of other hidden costs when we get there. I mean we can afford the extra for lighting, but really...? What if someone couldn't? They'd be eating dinner in the dark?! Lol...silly! 



           



          #45 Caroline1118

          Caroline1118
          • Site Supporter
          • 56 posts

            Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

             

            Hi Ladies,

             

            I posted on the other Barcelo Maya thread, but this one seems to be more current for newer brides!!!  Great idea on coming up with this thread.

             

            I'm back from my Riviera Maya site visit and now I'm between two choices for the wedding: Now Jade and Barcelo Maya Palace.  They are both very beautiful resorts, but different from each other.  Fortunately, my date: Feb 26, 2013 is available at both! So now I just need to make my decision.

             

            Does anyone have recommendations on travel agents that they worked with for travel/room rates for Barcelo????  I would really appreciate any leads.  I really want to contact a few travel agents over the next few days in order to iron out the travel/hotel contract and send my STD's.  The Wedding Coordinators told me that once I blocked the rooms thru a travel agent, that my date would be booked.  

             

            So please, if any recent brides can recommend a travel agent that they worked with for their wedding, or if you have any tips on the best way of going about finding one.  I'd really appreciate all your recommendations and advise!  Either post, private message, or you can email me: carolinechirinos@gmail.com.

             

            Thanks so much ladies!!!!  I'll be posting my pics of Barcelo Maya soon along with my review of the other hotels that I visited during my site visit.

             

            -Caroline

             

             



            #46 emme12

            emme12
            • Newbie
            • 1 posts

              Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

              Just got engaged a few days ago...so excited!! We are looking to have our wedding in the beginning of March 2012.  I really love the Barcelo Maya Palace and keep coming back to this resort.  Since we don't have a lot of time to figure things out I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at where and how to get things going!  Any advice I could get on the best way to contact them and get with a wedding coordinator, best travel agents to use, what to do first... I would appreciate it!  This is a second wedding for both of us but we are looking at quite a few people joining us.

               

              Thanks! :)



              #47 AudEv2012

              AudEv2012
              • Newbie
              • 20 posts

                Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

                Hey!

                 

                We are also trying to decide what to do about a photographer, and were also looking into splitting the flight cost with another couple.  Our wedding is on April 12th - the week before yours.  Not sure it would work to split the cost if we are not during the same week, but let me know if you want to see if we can work something out. 

                 

                 



                #48 Brenners

                Brenners
                • Member
                • 807 posts

                  Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

                  Caroline, we are using Wright Travel and our TA is Wendy Hicks.  Contact Tammy Host as she runs Wright Travel and she can connect you with a TA.
                   

                  Originally Posted by Caroline1118 

                   

                  Hi Ladies,

                   

                  I posted on the other Barcelo Maya thread, but this one seems to be more current for newer brides!!!  Great idea on coming up with this thread.

                   

                  I'm back from my Riviera Maya site visit and now I'm between two choices for the wedding: Now Jade and Barcelo Maya Palace.  They are both very beautiful resorts, but different from each other.  Fortunately, my date: Feb 26, 2013 is available at both! So now I just need to make my decision.

                   

                  Does anyone have recommendations on travel agents that they worked with for travel/room rates for Barcelo????  I would really appreciate any leads.  I really want to contact a few travel agents over the next few days in order to iron out the travel/hotel contract and send my STD's.  The Wedding Coordinators told me that once I blocked the rooms thru a travel agent, that my date would be booked.  

                   

                  So please, if any recent brides can recommend a travel agent that they worked with for their wedding, or if you have any tips on the best way of going about finding one.  I'd really appreciate all your recommendations and advise!  Either post, private message, or you can email me: carolinechirinos@gmail.com.

                   

                  Thanks so much ladies!!!!  I'll be posting my pics of Barcelo Maya soon along with my review of the other hotels that I visited during my site visit.

                   

                  -Caroline

                   

                   



                  Emme, see my post for Caroline.  Also, what dates in March are you looking at?  March is coming quickly so I would recommend making sure that the date you want and the locations for the ceremony and reception are available as soon as you can.  Good luck to you both!



                  Originally Posted by emme12 

                  Just got engaged a few days ago...so excited!! We are looking to have our wedding in the beginning of March 2012.  I really love the Barcelo Maya Palace and keep coming back to this resort.  Since we don't have a lot of time to figure things out I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at where and how to get things going!  Any advice I could get on the best way to contact them and get with a wedding coordinator, best travel agents to use, what to do first... I would appreciate it!  This is a second wedding for both of us but we are looking at quite a few people joining us.

                   

                  Thanks! :)



                   



                  #49 bluelenscaribe

                  bluelenscaribe
                  • Vendor
                  • 194 posts

                    Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

                    Hello,

                     

                    Here is a link to see some Blue Lens Caribe Wedding Pictures at the Barcelo http://bluelenscarib...lc/testimonial/andrea-ray-barcelo-wedding/



                    #50 MiaLei

                    MiaLei
                    • Newbie
                    • 11 posts

                      Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

                      I called today the fee to bring in an outside photographer is $500.00. 

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users