Photo

Transporting a wedding dress

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Monica Mai

Monica Mai
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

I'm getting married next month and my worst fear is how I am getting the dress to the island!! Please post any news.  I am flying American Airlines. . . .

#12 Brenners

Brenners
    • 807 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

Just an update from the bride whose DW I attended May 2010 - she didn't even call ahead.  She got on the plane and the stewardess immediately opened the closet and said "Here you go."  That was American Airlines.  Clearly CS has no idea what the flight attendants actually do.

#13 vacationsrthebest

vacationsrthebest
      • 63 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

It turned out ok for me. I flew Sun Country and the plane was small both ways so they didn't have a closet. They did allow me to fold it in half in the garment bag and use a rear overhead storage bin (which is what the airline told me I could NOT do). Then I just opened the dress when I got there and all was well.

#14 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
        • 447 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:50 PM

I am just hoping for the best. The worst that could happen is the dress gets wrinkled...right?

#15 Brenners

Brenners
          • 807 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

I really do believe that the flight attendants will accommodate you and your dress. 

#16 Monica Mai

Monica Mai
            • 66 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

I think the flight attendants will too. .at least I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I am bringing a handheld steamer since the resort doesn't have one so it'll all work out in the end.

#17 jystar13

jystar13
              • 185 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

I just got married in mexico on feb 19th, we flew continental and i had to roll up my garment bag and stick it in the overhead storage (i was cringing the whole time i put it in) but it turned out to be fine, my wedding coordinator at the hotel had my dress steamed so it was perfect the day of the wedding! :)

now sapphire riviera cancun - february 19, 2011 - 63 booked :)

#18 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
                • 447 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Monica Mai 

I think the flight attendants will too. .at least I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I am bringing a handheld steamer since the resort doesn't have one so it'll all work out in the end.

that's a great idea to bring a steamer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users