Jump to content

Photo

2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#91 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
  • Jr. Member
  • 334 posts

    Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:57 PM



    Originally Posted by RMBride2B 

    How much does DJ Mannia charge for 4 hours? Would you highly recommend him? Is it cheaper or more expensive than the resort DJ? And do you remember who the resort has hired to do their DJing?  Thanks for the info :)



    I am not sure what his current rates are but YES I would recommend them...they are great and not 1 person was sitting...He is def cheaper than the resort...who uses JSV.

     


    Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

    #92 perry1217

    perry1217
    • Jr. Member
    • 355 posts

      Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:11 PM

      Hey there!!!  Sooo excited!  We actually decided to go with the room block so that we wouldn't have to worry about the resort selling out of the lower-category rooms.  We went with 17 rooms for 5 nights.  I like that we can release rooms up to 60 days beforehand at no charge - although I am telling guests the deadline is 90 days beforehand!
       

      Originally Posted by RMBride2B 

      @jasonandjessica, my wedding isn't until 2012, but we booked Diego Munoz for our wedding day and TTD session. I would check him out; he's reasonable for the time and product you recieve.  Though I'm not sure if he'll have an available date; he said he already has bookings in 2012 and in 2013. But, its worth a shot :)

       

      @perry1217, CONGRATS!!! How exciting!  We met with our TA and we still have to decide if and how may rooms for a group booking or if we would like to to be individual booking. I think we may just book a few rooms (maybe 10 or 15?) and do individual bookings. How many rooms are you booking?



       


      Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

      #93 RMBride2B

      RMBride2B
      • Newbie
      • 126 posts

        Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:20 AM



        Originally Posted by Tanya Marie 





        I am not sure what his current rates are but YES I would recommend them...they are great and not 1 person was sitting...He is def cheaper than the resort...who uses JSV.

         



         



        Originally Posted by perry1217 

        Hey there!!!  Sooo excited!  We actually decided to go with the room block so that we wouldn't have to worry about the resort selling out of the lower-category rooms.  We went with 17 rooms for 5 nights.  I like that we can release rooms up to 60 days beforehand at no charge - although I am telling guests the deadline is 90 days beforehand!
         



         


        I didn't know you could release any unused rooms beforehand, for no charge! Maybe I wasn't listening when he said that lol! I'll have to email him. But, that is a good idea to book the lower category ones.  I think we'll go ahead and do that then! But, I think we'll do 15 of the those. Thanks for the info!!!
         

         



        #94 SummerDawn

        SummerDawn
        • Jr. Member
        • 324 posts

          Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:35 AM

          has anyone with a 2012 wedding had the 1500 resort credit confirmed??



          #95 perry1217

          perry1217
          • Jr. Member
          • 355 posts

            Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

            Hey there Summer, it was actually in my group rate contract that I booked with my TA!
             

            Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

            has anyone with a 2012 wedding had the 1500 resort credit confirmed??



             


            Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

            #96 SummerDawn

            SummerDawn
            • Jr. Member
            • 324 posts

              Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:13 PM



              Okay awesome. My TA confirmed it for me too and then I heard from someone else that Palace resorts hasn't confirmed it so I got a little scared. I have told all my guests that they will get it so I didnt want to be a liar. It will all work out :) Thanks!!

              Originally Posted by perry1217 

              Hey there Summer, it was actually in my group rate contract that I booked with my TA!
               



               



               



              #97 RMBride2B

              RMBride2B
              • Newbie
              • 126 posts

                Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:08 AM

                Just as an FYI ladies, I noticed on the Palace website they are currently doing a promotion "Kids Stay Free" for this summer and now into the fall. It applies to children 12 and under, staying for a minimum of 3 nights. So, if you don't already have it in your contract, you may want to have your TA add it. Just looking out :)

                 

                 



                #98 Burlia

                Burlia
                • Newbie
                • 31 posts

                  Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:46 PM



                   

                  Originally Posted by RMBride2B 

                  Hey again ladies!  Do any of you know if we can spend any of the $1,500 resort credit on wedding stuff if we got the Complimentary Package??  I'm sure you can't use all of it on it, but I was wondering if a portion is approved to use towards the wedding, since they let you use a portion on the other wedding packages.


                  I called and asked this question and was told that the credit could only be used for the complete packages. I was totally dissapointed because I thought I could use it just for the photography. I am concerned that I won't be able to bring an outside vendor in with the day pass either because they would not technically be a guest. Have many of you gotten away with hiring an outside photographer on the day pass?

                   

                  Honestly, I have gotten a different answer from every WC whenever I ask anything so I don't know if any of this is correct. I spent three months trying to explain that I wanted a civil service with a minister and was told they could not do that. I finally just called Lorena (rather than emailing back and forth with Lisa) and she said it was not a problem. The lack of consistent answers concerns me a little but everyone on here says their weddings were perfect so I am trying not to stress over it.



                  #99 Burlia

                  Burlia
                  • Newbie
                  • 31 posts

                    Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

                    Have any of you used Riviera Maya Weddings for your photography? They are not fancy but it is what I can afford.... I am just wondering if any of you had tried them out.



                    #100 Tanya Marie

                    Tanya Marie
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 334 posts

                      Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:34 PM



                      Originally Posted by Burlia 



                       


                      I called and asked this question and was told that the credit could only be used for the complete packages. I was totally dissapointed because I thought I could use it just for the photography. I am concerned that I won't be able to bring an outside vendor in with the day pass either because they would not technically be a guest. Have many of you gotten away with hiring an outside photographer on the day pass?

                       

                      Honestly, I have gotten a different answer from every WC whenever I ask anything so I don't know if any of this is correct. I spent three months trying to explain that I wanted a civil service with a minister and was told they could not do that. I finally just called Lorena (rather than emailing back and forth with Lisa) and she said it was not a problem. The lack of consistent answers concerns me a little but everyone on here says their weddings were perfect so I am trying not to stress over it.



                      I ddin't have an outside Photog but I did hire an outside DJ.  Which I had to pay a day pass for and it was fine.  Lorena, is by far the most amazing person and will not do you wrong!  She is in the manager of the WC, she will come through on everything that she promises.  So, I know that it is stressful, but don't worry, she is the best! 

                       


                      Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users