Sign in to follow this  
destination_diva

Just Booked Melia Caribe Tropical for Nov 2011!

I actually asked the resort if my photographer is staying at the hotel for the week if I still have to pay, and they said no, so you should be fine :)

Oh my goodness!! It's exactly 2 weeks until we leave!!!! It has come up so fast!! eek.gif woot.gif

I'm so excited though. I think everything seems to be pretty much ready. I am still working on figuring out what kind of guest book I want to do. At first I didn't think I was going to do one that's why this is so last minute. I saw a super cute idea using Polariod pictures. I don't want to buy a new Polariod camera so I'm on the hunt for a cheap secind hand old one and film for it. I've got a few prospects but if that idea doesn't pan out I have a few morw.

here is my Polaroid inspiration...

mwa102306_fal06_gbook_xl.jpg

My next favorite idea is to get a map of either Punta Cana or DR and have my guests sign that then we can frame it.

And my last idea is to do guests fingerprints in either a book that they sign or a picture...

Pinned Image

Fingerprints with signatures as the guest book, so cleaver

So anyways those are my last minute things to finish up. I'm going to start packing this week end so I can see how many bags I am going to have to take.

Once I get back I will provide you guys with some great pictures and a review.

Those are all great ideas! My favourite is the Polaroid one - I could not find an inexpensive Polaroid camera so I quickly gave up on it though.

Have a blast, very excited for you!!!

Love all of those ideas!!  May have to steal one! lol!!

I was trying to figure out what to do for a guestbook and one of them may be it!

I know you will have an amazing time!!

Hi Ladies,  I wanted to ask what everyone is planning for your welcome dinner or day after activity.

does anyone know if a bonfire is an option on the resort?  I would love to have a welcome dinner or coctail hour with a bonfire on the beach.

anyone planning any activities on the resort for the day after? 

Are these things we can set up a head of time or do we need to wait till we are at the resort?

I will email the resort as well, but since it takes so long to get a response I was hoping someone else may have already asked them the similar questions and already has the answers :-)

Thanks!

Welcome Venus909!!

I'm not sure if a bonfire is a option.  Hopefully, you get a response back from the resort or one of the other brides know.

We are having a welcome dinner the first day we get there and don't have anything planned for a day after activity.  My FI wants to do an excursion and we can't book that until we get down there.  If I know my guests, they will probably want to relax and enjoy some drinks the day after. lol!!

When we first booked the wedding, the WC emailed me a bunch of questions and I requested a welcome dinner.