Photo

Any 11/11/11 Brides!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#11 JBean

JBean
  • 429 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:02 AM

We wanted to get married on 11/11/11 because my grandparents were married on that day in 1944, but our travel agent said lots of flights would be leaving the next day, so she recommended against it. We're probably going to have to settle for 11/10/11. :(

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
    Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
    Bride & Groom + 29

#12 nadennec

nadennec
    • 215 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:16 AM

11-11-11 In Cancun at The Gran Caribe Real!! Only thing we have done is actually book our location. We did that back in April, but we just got officially engaged on Christmas morning!!

So, I am starting the process now of std. I've already had some people comment on how they're scared to go to Mexico bc its dangerous, and not sure how to respond. Has anyone else had to deal with this?

Nadenne C

#13 JBean

JBean
      • 429 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by nadennec 

11-11-11 In Cancun at The Gran Caribe Real!! Only thing we have done is actually book our location. We did that back in April, but we just got officially engaged on Christmas morning!!

So, I am starting the process now of std. I've already had some people comment on how they're scared to go to Mexico bc its dangerous, and not sure how to respond. Has anyone else had to deal with this?

Some parts of Mexico can be dangerous, but the tourist areas are generally very safe. Mexico relies on tourism, so they do their best to make it a safe destination. I think if people are afraid to travel to Mexico, they're probably not the traveling type.

Bride & Groom + 29

#14 Pucca

Pucca
        • 485 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBean 

We wanted to get married on 11/11/11 because my grandparents were married on that day in 1944, but our travel agent said lots of flights would be leaving the next day, so she recommended against it. We're probably going to have to settle for 11/10/11. :(

Congratulations! Just curious: what does the travel agent mean when lots of flights would be leaving the next day so she doesn't recommend 11/11/11?

#15 JBean

JBean
          • 429 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pucca 

Quote:

Congratulations! Just curious: what does the travel agent mean when lots of flights would be leaving the next day so she doesn't recommend 11/11/11?

I guess 11/11/11 is a Friday and most flights back to our city leave Saturday mornings, which wouldn't be a very relaxing or fun evening if people had to worry about packing and getting up early for a flight the next morning.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Bride & Groom + 29

#16 Pucca

Pucca
            • 485 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

Quote:

I guess 11/11/11 is a Friday and most flights back to our city leave Saturday mornings, which wouldn't be a very relaxing or fun evening if people had to worry about packing and getting up early for a flight the next morning.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I see. What a bummer. I guess for us most of our guests, and us, live around some big hub airports so it doesn't seem to be an issue. Most of them will be leaving on Sunday since our wedding is on Friday. 

#17 RocknRobin04

RocknRobin04
              • Banned
              • 107 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:29 PM

I was worried about that at first, but decided to book with a resort that doesn't have a specific check in-check out agenda. Also, because we live in a larger city, in the states,there are multiple flights per day into Cancun airport.

Hope that helps is any of you are trying to make a decision :)

#18 nadennec

nadennec
                • 215 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by nadennec 

Some parts of Mexico can be dangerous, but the tourist areas are generally very safe. Mexico relies on tourism, so they do their best to make it a safe destination. I think if people are afraid to travel to Mexico, they're probably not the traveling type.

Thanks so much, it makes me feel better!!!

Nadenne C

#19 GKGC

GKGC
                  • 23 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

No replies for yacht or pirate ship charters as yet.  I think we may just go to Cancun in Jan or Feb and do some site visits and book everything that way.  Seems to be difficult to get replies 

#20 GKGC

GKGC
                    • 23 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:54 AM

What is a good wedding website??  I loved wedsite but it's a lil pricey ...

I still haven't sent out our STDs yet.  I really want magnet Boarding Passes!!  

Back to Brides Roll Call

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users