Photo

Past Iberostar Suites brides - do you remember the choice of start time for the ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
  • 594 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:15 AM

Can someone who has recently gotten married at Iberostar Suites in JA, tell me what the optional ceremony start times are? Thanks!

#2 delgadot

delgadot
    • 284 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

If you are still in need of an answer to this question in the wedding packet that I have it says that the resort "suggests having the ceremony between 4:00pm and 5:00pm because the heat of the day has passed and you will still have light to take quality photos after the ceremony. Also by 5:00pm almost all the activities around the pool and beach are over so you can have more privacy during the ceremony."

I hope this helps!

#3 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
      • 594 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:49 PM

Thank you! I did write down that we want to get married at 4:30, but now I'm wondering if we should push it back to 5?

#4 delgadot

delgadot
        • 284 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:41 AM

I requested 5 pm. I believe the sun sets around 7p...

This is my time line:

5:00pm-6:00pm ceremony (I believe the ceremony is only 30 minutes long but I figured give some extra time because wedding ceremony's usually don't start on time)

6:00pm-7:00pm pictures/cocktail hour  

7:00pm-10:30pm reception

That's what I have planned in my head for the time line but we shall see:)

#5 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
          • 594 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:51 PM

I had written down 4:30 for ours, but I am thinking perhaps pushing it back to 5 would work out best. This way there's isn't too much of a gap between the ceremony, pics and the reception. I'm so excited!

#6 delgadot

delgadot
            • 284 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

You should be so excited its is going to be one of the most important days of your life!!

#7 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
              • 349 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

That sounds like a perfect schedule. I'm getting married at the Grand 12-3-11. My photographer told me that the sunsets earlier in December so I might want to start my wedding around 4-4:30 so we can take our photos while the sun is setting.

Originally Posted by delgadot 

I requested 5 pm. I believe the sun sets around 7p...

This is my time line:

5:00pm-6:00pm ceremony (I believe the ceremony is only 30 minutes long but I figured give some extra time because wedding ceremony's usually don't start on time)

6:00pm-7:00pm pictures/cocktail hour  

7:00pm-10:30pm reception

That's what I have planned in my head for the time line but we shall see:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users