Sign in to follow this  
MrsHemmings

Wedding Arras Anyone?

Hello,

I was wondering if any ladies out there will be incorporating wedding arras (unity coins) in their ceremony.

My parents are from Dominican Republic and I thought it would be a nice way for me to honor my traditions if I incorporated arras blessing/ceremony into the wedding. 

We would do this instead of a sand or candle lighting ceremony.

Anyone else doing this?

I will be using my parents arras when they got married. I think it's a great to incorporate family traditions passing down the arras. You can find them at your local store that sales items for catholic baptisms, first communion, and wedding.

I forgot to mention also jewelry stores carry real gold arras. I hope this helps. At your local store of 1st communion items the arras come in a nice box and the arras are plastic material they have them in gold and silver.

You can also get them online.  I did a quick google search and found some nice options.

They also have what I call the amerian version of arras "unity coins".  I actually like these because they have words inscribed.  Really cool

Originally Posted by chell44 View Post

I'm still thinking about it. where would I get them?

I bought the box for the arras in Down town L.A. and it cost me $12 its very inexpensive. The coins they sold them separate not sure how much they cost. Good Luck.