Sign in to follow this  
alundy

How long to receive marriage certificate in Turks & Caicos?

Hi everyone,

I just stumbled across the fact that it takes months to get your marriage certificate from the Dominican which totally blows my mind.

Those of you who have been married in T&C, how long did it take to get yours? I'm not really into waiting for months... huh.gif

Thanks for your help!!

I got married at the Beaches Resort in Turks and Caicos in May.  Part of the ceremony, involves you signing the wedding documents.  The pastor notarized a copy for us to take home.  The DMV, SS office, and my banks/credit card companies all accepted that so I could get my name changed immediately.  The official license took about 10 weeks for us but I think they say it takes up to 14 weeks.

Originally Posted by kelly1214 View Post

I got married at the Beaches Resort in Turks and Caicos in May.  Part of the ceremony, involves you signing the wedding documents.  The pastor notarized a copy for us to take home.  The DMV, SS office, and my banks/credit card companies all accepted that so I could get my name changed immediately.  The official license took about 10 weeks for us but I think they say it takes up to 14 weeks.

Thanks for your response!  I was wondering how long it would take...