Toronto/GTA brides.. where are you having your AHR??!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 saramaeryan

• 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:26 AM

HI Ladies,

So I'm getting married in Mayan Riviera in late January, and am definitely wanting to do some sort of AHR when we get back to TO.

I'm having a very hard time finding venues that aren't ridiculously priced for not alot of service.

I'm willing to have it on a Friday night or a Sunday afternoon if necessary to keep the costs down, but even still, I'm not having much luck..

I'm also trying to decide whether or not to have it relatively close to when we get back from our honeymoon, or to wait and have a BBQ thing in the Sping/Summer? But is that waiting too long?! Decisions decisions...

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem, and if anyone has found a solution!??!!

I'm all ears!

Thanks!!! :)

#2 Lua

• 1,231 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:39 AM

FI and I are still working on convincing his mom to let us have a bbq/cocktail party in their backyard.

#3 jhartford19

• 187 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:30 PM

I'm in the same position. We are getting married at the end of January as well. I would like to do an outdoor AH reception, but I think that may be too long to wait....all of the places I've looked at ( for indoor receptions) will cost more than our whole destination wedding, trips included!

#4 murmel

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 1,406 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

We're looking to do a cocktail party when we return. Wedding is late January as well. We are also doing one in Ottawa (very large family). But the Toronto one is mostly for us and our friends. We have looked a Spencer's in Burlington...but don't know about pricing yet. Keep us posted, and I'll do the same.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

#5 DWbridetobe

• 914 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:54 AM

We're having an AHR at Deer Creek Golf Club in Ajax. The prices are a bit pricey when you start adding everything, but what we found that was perfect for us, is that they have a "Destination Wedding Reception" package. You may want to take a look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users