Photo

Post here if your plans are changed due to Hurricane Dean & you would like help

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#11 amym567

amym567
  • 403 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 05:52 PM

When we were booking ours, we were told that Aruba is "under the hurricane belt". Have you thought about Aruba To me, it's the 2nd most BEAUTIFUL place I have EVER seen (The Abacos in the Bahamas is the first!). We would've had ours in Aruba, except hubby and I are not fans of long plane rides (we've been there via cruise ship before).
    Let me know if you have any questions about Aruba.
    Amy

#12 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
    • LocationUtah

Posted 18 August 2007 - 05:58 PM

What about looking into Robin DePaula? I don't know if shes available but she's giving a really god special for DW's

This is the website I used to find hotels
    Top Vacation Package Destinations - Funjet Vacations - Getaway Travel, Favorite Destination Spots, Recommended Cities

You had also said before you want a great photographer. Tami, have you found someone great in DR?

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 05:59 PM

Bucuti Beach - Bucuti Beach Resort Aruba

here is a place in aruba that might be similar to what you want

#14 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:11 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Trista
        Well as I said on the other post, it must be similar to Swept Away in that its an all inclusive, adults only and not in a highrise like resort but more of an intimate like resort..

Must be Carribean not Canada or US..Thanks girls, I guess I better start doing mega researching..oh it has to have a nice beach too, I have never touched the Ocean..

Thanking any of you in advance..
        Secrets Excellence in Punta Cana, DR is adults only ... and the beaches in Punta Cana are some of the most beautiful in the world. There are a few other adult resorts in Punta Cana as well. We are honeymooning at Paradisus Palma Real and while it's not strictly Adults Only, it is targeted toward adults and very few kids go there. Almost all the Punta Cana resorts are all-inclusive.

#15 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:15 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          You had also said before you want a great photographer. Tami, have you found someone great in DR?
          I'm bringing my photog with me. I guarantee that Jill Higgins Photographer Destination Wedding Photography Savannah Charleston Tallahassee Valdosta would be a great resource for finding a last minute photog. Mine is Amy Martin Photography.

The resort photogs aren't bad ... they just aren't the quality and level of creativity that we're used to on this forum...

#16 Trista

Trista
          • 304 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

Thank you girls, I am looking into both of those~
            COUPLES ~Swept Away, JAMAICA

#17 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Trista
              Thank you girls, I am looking into both of those~
              I don't know how long you plan on staying but I did a Travelocity search with air and resort pricing for Secrets Excellence Punta Cana and it's $1404 per person from Ontario to Punta Cana from Aug 31 to Sept 5.

#18 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:32 PM

Trista, I am so sorry about this affecting your wedding. Is the resort totally runined? Things could be okay by the time your wedding is here? Or have they already canceled yours?
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#19 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

http://bestdestinati....s-crossed.html

Here is the previous post where we started this conversation. She said Aug 31-Sept 11th in that post.

I have a $100 off a travelocity trip to the carribean coupon on my desk at work. It's just a promo code so anyone can use it & as much as they want. You have to book with a mastercard. I'll post the promo code monday when I'm back in my office.

#20 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:45 PM

okay Trista I went back and read that posting, I think you should wait to see what happens, I know when we were in Ocho Rios, they said usually the hurricanes wind up going on the south end of the island and ocho rios doesn't get badly hit.
                Let us know how else we can help. Your dream wedding will happen!
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users