Dreams Cancun

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

• 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

Hello....I'm new to the site, I'm trying to decide on a resort for a late Feb or early March wedding....looking at Dreams, Palace and Real....any info or suggestions welcome! Are you guys using a TA or doing everything on your own....it has been said that the TA's can get the best rates, but I meet with a TA on Thurday so we shall see!

#22 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,073 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:26 AM

Congrats on your engagement Mindy and good luck with your planning for your June wedding.

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#23 econcierge

• 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

Hi there!

This is the E-concierge for Dreams Cacun. Yes, we do have a disco on site with lights, dance floor, bar and DJ! :)

#24 econcierge

• 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:01 PM

I would def. go with a Travel Agent such as APPLE. Apple works directly with our sales department and can give you the best deals before they are published!

#25 Sasha030412

• 48 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

@ Mindy - I'm also getting married at dreams in March 2012. I found the same issue with the guest list and found that the best way to do it is keep it to close friends and relatives so that people don't get offended. That wayyou don't have to invite this person b/c they are friends with that person etc. I realized that it will get very pricey very quickly if i invite people at whim. 

I hired a travel agent to do my booking but i'm also having problems iwth this. I need to get information from my guests before they even get the invitations. Does anyone have advice on how to make sure you get all the dates without being pushy? 

@Mich101- congrats on your wedding! how did you plan everything with the resort? did you have to wait until you got there? how did you coordinate everyone?

Thanks for any help and information!!!

#26 mich1011

• 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

Hi Sasha!

Thank you! I emailed back and forth with the wedding coordinator. However, when  you get there  they have binders of things and ideas that you can pick out. But, being me... I  like to have ideas in mind before hand....
              We gave our guests the travel agent we were using...and so they either booked with them or found something on cheaptickets.com or expedia.

Theres different wedding packages that you can choose with the resort..and on that you'll see what is included and what the extras are..and you can decide what extra things you want. 

feel free to PM me for any other questions you may have. I'll go into much detail as possible :)
              and I def had the wedding of my dreams there! :D and my guests all loved it there too!

and I have to post my review too!

June 5, 2011 / Dreams Cancun / Bride & Groom + 67 guests booked! :)

#27 martin

• 343 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

Hello dear

Wish you a happy planning and welcome to the forum.

Dreams has an area to have a reception but not like a disco terrace. Fell free to have a look on my album to see some photos.

Best Regards

Aida Navarro

Our Team

Astrid & Martin

#28 annetteeve

• 18 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

No, they do not have a disco - but they are a very short walk or cab ride from all the clubs and hot spots that downtown Cancun has to offer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users