• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cricket2168

• 77 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

Hi everyone! We are getting married at Dreams Cancun on April 29th, 2011. I was wondering if anyone had any insite on the Dreams Ultimate Wedding package. We are having approx 30 guests. Are there other things that I should consider adding to it that are not included? And if anyone knows which beach is nicer for the reception, Himatsu Beach or Caribe Beach are the two available. I would appreciate any responses, help, ideas, suggestions...Thanks!!!!

#2 clgriffi7

• Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:15 AM

cricket -

There is an established Dreams Cancun thread (info below) where all of the brides for that resort ask questions and share info.  I have signed a contract for the Ultimate package for next November.  With 30 people, you will be paying for 10 additional people for the cocktail hour and the reception.  With fees and taxes, I think I recall that will be around $90/per person for those 10 people.  Some of the brides have traded the cocktail hour for 10 more guests at dinner - so you could have 30 people with no cocktail hour (everyone just heads to the lobby bar) and the seated reception for the package price. 

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

I will likely be adding quite a few things to the package price - DJ, dance floor, centerpieces, extra photography (if I don't bring my own from the US - one thing to know iwth photos is that they try and charge $500 for the disc with all of the pictures but brides are able to negotiate to $300) and so on.  With so many months to go, I haven't made all of those decisions final.  However, there are several brides that are coming up on November 2010 weddings on that thread that can be of more help. 

#3 cricket2168

• 77 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:28 PM

Thank you so much for your reply! I finally after months of going back and forth between whether we were going to get married at home, or away, then where, then what was available, got everything booked. Now I am down to these sort of details and feel lost. I will check that thread out - & that is a great idea with throwing out the cocktail hour for the added people of the reception. I did check on the photography and it looks like the resort uses Juan Navarro - his photos look great! I emailed him directly and he said that the package covers 120 mins, ceremony, couple's photos, and group shots. I think I'll be adding some time on also cause I like the photos of getting ready before the ceremony and some for the reception also. Thanks again & good luck with your planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users