Photo

Considering a color change -- help!!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jszy10

jszy10
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:29 AM

Hey Ladies!! Ok, so for the past 6 months I thought I had decided that my wedding colors would be Orange and Yellow.  The other day I was on the forum and saw the color combo of Orange and Aqua, and I immediately considered a change.  The only things I've bought for my wedding so far have been orange -- even my passport invites were orange. 

I have yet to include yellow in anything, BUT I have already picked out my bridesmaids dress (in yellow) and the girls are in the middle of sending in their orders now.  Lucky for me, I am using the store that I purchased my bridal gown from and I know for a fact that she will not be placing the order until ALL girls have sent in their order forms -- only one girl has so far. SO, I do have time to change them from yellow to an aqua/teal color without a problem.  The only thing I worry about is that I'm not sure the aqua/teal color that is offered through my designer is going to match right with the orange in my flowers.  I'm up for any other suggestions you have, and I have seen orange and fuschia done a lot, but the pink dress offered by bill levkoff isn't the right color.

To give you a visual...

My flowers: (sorry about the quality)

DSC00679.JPG

teal and yellow dresses:

tealdress.jpg   yellowdress.jpg  

Thanks ahead of time for any feedback!!!

#2 Barbaracopeland

Barbaracopeland
    • Site Supporter
    • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:02 AM

Could you maybe use all 3? Like maybe if you have most of your stuff as orange and yellow and just have the aqua as an accent color? I had a similar problem with my colors, I was doing ocean blue and silver originally but we thought it was too simple so we added sea green as an accent and I've loved it so far.

Maybe you can keep the yellow dresses but have them hold aqua parasols or something? It's just a suggestion, I must admit that I don't know much about mixing bold colors together, but at least you wouldn't have to change everything, just add some small details.

#3 jszy10

jszy10
      • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:54 AM

I actually did consider that!  But I think if I did use all three, I would use the yellow in the flowers, not in the dress.  I have a redhead and a blonde in my bridal party that I think would appreciate if I didn't use yellow? So I have that in mind as well.

#4 Barbaracopeland

Barbaracopeland
        • Site Supporter
        • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:06 AM

That's actually a good point! My sister's a redhead and she can't wear yellow. This is tough!!

#5 jszy10

jszy10
          • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:46 AM

But do you think that teal/aqua color above doesn't match the orange enough to have their dresses that color? That is what I worry about..

#6 jszy10

jszy10
            • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:59 AM

Ok, this is a better image of the color -- glacier..the other one seemed mo

glacier.jpg     DSC00679.JPG  

#7 lisa203

lisa203
              • 681 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

Hi Jessica! I say go with your heart. If your heart is saying change, then go for it.

I like the idea of even using all three colors but I understand about you not wanting you redhead bridesmaid to wear yellow. That said, go with teal and orange. The glacier dresses (love them by the way!) and the orange flowers look great to me. Besides that, both are bright colors and scream destination wedding in my opinion. I think whatever you decide on will look fantastic.

Let us know what you decide to do :)

#8 jszy10

jszy10
                • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:20 AM

Thanks Lisa!! I kind of think the same thing too.  I have been a bit jealous of everyone's bright, beautiful colors, and it started making me feel like something was missing.

#9 Barbaracopeland

Barbaracopeland
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:24 AM

Actually the new picture helps! I think that I would change to that color for the dress. At least only one girl has ordered!! I think you can keep the yellow as an accent though, maybe in their flowers or something?  The dresses are beautiful either way!!

#10 lisa203

lisa203
                    • 681 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:24 AM

Anytime! I know our weddings will be fabulous but I can't wait to see how everything turns out! June needs to hurry up and get here already!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users