Sign in to follow this  
lzbthlr

Maui hair/makeup and florist recomendations

Need a good recomendation for a hair and makeup stylists in Maui. I have found a couple but they want an astronomical amount. I know it will cost more being Maui but my heart stopped when I got some prices. But I also wanna make sure they are good!

I booked Karine at Bridal Hair on Maui, http://www.bridalhaironmaui.com/. I'm only getting my hair done though and doing my own makeup. Not sure what your budget is on this, but I thought her prices were reasonable. I'm used to paying a ton for my hair because its long and thick, I don't think I've paid under $120 since high school for any kind of hair service.

I used Dan Sanchez (hair) and Jessica Waite (MUA). They were OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD. That said, they ARE pricey. It was one of the things I splurged on because 1) I knew their work was amazing (I'd seen their work first hand) and 2) I wanted to look back at my wedding pictures and look beautiful. For me- that was worth the price tag. They work amazingly well together and you definately get what you pay for with them!

I looked at Jessica's work and she seems to do makeup beautifully. Unfortunately, she is not available for my wedding date and is recommending her assistant Leah. :(

Has anyone worked with Leah before? I'm also looking for any other great makeup artists. Thanks!

In the process of booking Dan Sanchez for my hair and Jessica Waite for makeup for my wedding in May. They ARE pricey but I've read nothing but positive review after positive review on the both of them. I want the best and they look to be it! Super excited :-)