Photo

UK brides/grooms, where are you from?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:52 AM

Hi, apologies if there is already a thread similar to this. I have done a search and cannot find anything, but if there is MODS please feel free to delete.

I am from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire!

Where are you from?

#2 niajs

niajs
    • 214 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:49 AM

I am from West Wales. Getting married in Australia so not a typical resort DW. What about you?

#3 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
      • 173 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:26 AM

I am getting married in Jamaica in 2 weeks and 3 days!!!

#4 niajs

niajs
        • 214 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:10 AM

Oh how exciting! Whereabouts? I went to a friend's wedding in Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay last year and loved it (we didn't stay at Sandals tho).

Have you been to Jamaica before? The people are soooo lovely!

#5 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
          • 173 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:38 AM

Hi, we are getting married at the gran bahia principe in runaway bay, not a sandals resort. We did look at sandals resorts but they were so expensive.

Havent been to Jamaica before, and ive heard the people are lovely. Cant wait!

#6 niajs

niajs
            • 214 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:22 AM

They are expensive. That's why we didn't choose to go to one. It was about £1.5k more than the resort we were in. There were some plusses like the fact that it was child free and it had more choice of restaurants but it wasn't worth the price difference.

The food is also lush! If you're a coffee drinker, make sure you bring back some Blue Mountain coffee. They left some in our room every day but I went to my local coffee deli type thing the other day and it was £15.00 a packet! My god!

Are you on facebook? Give me an add if you are and you should be able to see the pics from my friend's wedding last year. I won't put my full name up as it's quite unusual and would come up in a google search (hey, I google my friends!) but my first name is Nia and I have a double barrelled surname J then S. My profile pic is me in a blue dress with my fiance pulling a funny face!

#7 sbg75

sbg75
              • 151 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

I'm from Greenwich, London. 

Getting married on Anna Maria Island, Florida very soon! Wanted Antigua but that meant my sister wouldn't have been able to come so we changed plans a bit and are still happy with our choice :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users