Any Velas Vallarta Brides out there?

Hello! I am getting married at Velas Vallarta on January 20th, 2011. Was wondering if there are any other Velas Brides, and how their planning is going! I would also love to hear from you about your experience if you are a past Velas Bride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Would love to hear about your wedding at the Velas.  I am planning my wedding there for Feb 2012.  Any suggestions or tips would be wonderful.  I have stayed at the Velas quite a few times, and just love it.  But am still very nervous about planning a wedding that is so far away.  Cant wait to hear from you!!

• 2 months later...

Hola. I just got married at Velas Vallarta on July 1. It was beautiful and everything that I ever dreamed of. I would recommend them but Ihave to be honest in saying that the reason why my wedding was beautiful was bc I hired chicconcepts. Tamara and Patty are wonderful to work with and care about every little detail of your wedding, It is scary to try and plan a wedding so far away but Tamara and Patty made it stress free and AMAZING!! They coordinated our flowers, centerpieces, DJ, Mariachi etc. They are super professional and so caring. Tamara was even our officiant for our ceremony. They also stayed from beginning to end to make sure everything was perfect.

I love Velas bc the staff there is soooo accomodating. I was a little disappointed with them in the beginning bc I dealt with 3-4 different Velas coordinators. They were going through some changes at that time. My only suggestion is that if you book with them just make sure to carefully read your contract. If you don't book with them I HIGHLY recommend chicconcepts. If you are also looking for a photographer I would also HIGHLY recommend MACMEX photography. Dan and Joel take the most breath taking pics. I posted some pics, so you can see some of their work.

If you need any other suggestions, I'd be more than happy to help. :)

post-41855-138622273373_thumb.jpg

post-41855-138622273385_thumb.jpg

post-41855-138622273393_thumb.jpg

post-41855-138622273428_thumb.jpg

post-41855-138622273434_thumb.jpg

post-41855-138622273446_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Our wedding guests are all staying at Velas Vallarta in April. We had originally picked Las Caletas, but the group is growing and so is our estimated bill. Velas has offered a great wedding package, but I want to know your feedback. We do not have a wedding coordinator, but we do have a photographer and musician booked. I want to know about the food, ambience, privacy and any suprises that you had. Also, how big was your guest list? Thank you for any feedback that you can provide me.

Kindly,

Jena

I was just married at the Velas Vallarta on Feb 7 2012, I only had my ceremony there not the reception.  All 33 guests stayed at the Velas and loved every minute of it.  The staff is very accomodating and friendly and always willing to help out.  I had my ceremony on the beach and they set everything up beautifuly.  I could'nt of asked for anything better. It was my perfect day.  Stephanie at the Velas is great to work with and very nice.  She had everything planned and set up on time.  I also hired Chic Concepts and worked with Patricia Romo for the ceremony.  We were legally married in Puerto Vallarta and she was outstanding in providing me with direction to get everything organized.  She also provided my bouquets and maracas as our gift to the guests. Patricia was outstanding and I would highly recommed chic concepts.  Chic concepts also works closely with the Velas and had done many weddings at the Velas.  When I walked onto the beach to meet my soon to be husband there was no one else I saw but him.  I felt the ceremony was very private, we had a cocktail party afterwards which they closed off the paths on either side of the building so only we were there.  I hired Dan Dimov from Mac Mex photography and he was absolutely outstanding.  These are pictures I will have for life and he did and amazing job.  There was only one thing that did turn out the way I would like, but had nothing to do with the Velas or Chic Concepts.  I had hired a DJ (Reventon DJ Staci Marquez-Nichols), while her taste in music was good and she did what I asked of her, she is definately not a very social person or open to any new ideas that stray away from the way she DJ's at a wedding. She also brought 2 people with her to help set up who stayed all night and drank on our tab, i didnt realize that i had to pay for their liquor.......  Staci was also 3 months pregnant and was unable to do the dance lesson as she said she was very nauseaus, But she was up dancing all night and drinking.  Very disturbing.  We payed her to play until midnight and then gave her another $100 to play for an hour longer.  After the hour was up 1:00am she went up to the drunkest guy at the wedding (the best man) and asked for more money so she could play longer.  This was not about to happen as the restaurant we were at need to get home and at that time I think we were all pretty much done.  Thankfully my mom was standing right there and told the DJ that we were good and did not want another hour, she got very upset and packed up all her stuff.  I know there are many other great DJ's in Puerto Vallarta and dont get sucked in by her website.  Sorry I guess I went a bit over board here, if you have any other questions let me know.  Hope this helps!    

wedding.gif

Chelsea and Lance-1[1].JPG  

Chelsea and Lance-105.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I too am a Velas Bride!  I just booked our May 2013 wedding at Velas Vallarta and couldnt be more excited and nervous at the same time!  I've never been to the resort, but have a friend who has, for a wedding no less, and she gave it rave reviews.  All of your comments and suggestions are quite helpful ladies!  I will definitely check out this MacMex photography but im curious about the Chic Concepts...is it a wedding planner out of Puerto Vallarta?  How pricey were they?  I am also curious as to when you all sent out your Save the Dates....is a year in advance too early?

thanks ladies!
Alicia