Sign in to follow this  
annai

Melia Caribe Tropical Royal Service vs Romance Suite?

Hello! We are getting married at the Melia Caribe on April 17th and I am trying to decide between the royal service one bedroom and the romance suite which bothy both offer the complimentary basic wedding package. I cannot find any reviews of the romance suite... the one picture on the site looks more like honeymoon/newlywed accommodations than the one bedroom royal service but i feel like the royal service may make the trip. We are also having about 50 guests so are we going to make use of the royal service? Im sooo confused can anyone offer some advice? Thank you

I stayed at the melia caribe last march. We stayed in the romantic suite. I have pics if you are interested! it was very modern and beautiful. We did tour about the royal service and it was just as nice as well but larger, like with living area and kitchen etc. I know we didnt need all that so the romance suite was perfect for us, but it is your wedding and the extra room may be nice to have in terms of getting ready etc .If you want to see pics let me know. Best of luck.

I hope someone is still reading this... I am wondering the exact same thing.

1) To get the free package, do you have to get the Royal Service one bedroom master suite...? Or can a Royal Service junior suite get you the free package as well?

2) Is the Romance Suite cheaper than Royal Service?

It seems to me that the Romance suite has a better location anyway - Royal Service is not that close to the beach, I don't like that. Any pictures of either room would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

I am not sure how many people you are having or what type of wedding you are planning but if you are not doing the basic wedding package don't bother trying to pick a room for the free wedding because they will not apply that money from the basic free wedding package if you choose to upgrade at all to the tides or tropical fairytale packages.

We ended up booking the romance suite but when we got there they upgraded us to the Royal Service which was much nicer than some of our friends rooms who had stayed in the Romance Suite and the perks of the restaurant and private pool make it well worth it because the buffet food wasn't really so great for breakfast and lunch and it is hard to get dinner reservations so it is nice to be able to go to the restaurant. The Royal Service is further from the beach but they have golf carts that will transport you and there are only a few Romance Suites that are the nicer ones with the beds that they show in the pictures that are right by the beach and there is no way to ensure those would be the ones you would get.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply!! If there are only a few Romance Suites that are close to the beach and have those beds, then how do the rest of the Romance Suites differ from a regular Deluxe Junior Suite?? And I am not upgrading, my reception is at the Jellyfish Restaurant so I just need the basic wedding package from the Melia.