Photo

how much did you pay for..

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Melissa&Todd

Melissa&Todd
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

Hi Girls, I am just wondering what you all paid to get all your documents notarized? we got a quote of $30 per document... so 6 documents $180 just wondering if that's around what everyone else paid.

any input would be appreciate as Im going tomorrow to get them done.

Unlike most .. I never pictured my wedding as a young girl growing up... But now that i met the man of my dreams..i cant stop picturing it

#2 Mrs. LowUFO

Mrs. LowUFO
    • 110 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

I haven't actually gotten that far but I was wondering where do you have to go for this sort of thing? I wasn't even sure who was acceptable to sign these documents.

#3 karlyeny

karlyeny
      • 45 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:14 PM

I will get married here in canada, only having a symbolic ceremony down in Jamaica, less trouble and less money ,, sorry i am not a lot of help on this one , good luck !

#4 Notlongnow

Notlongnow
        • 63 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:31 AM

We had to get copies of our passports and birth certificates signed. I dont think the solicitor charged us, i am sure we just gave him a bottle of his favourite liquor (it was my fiances sisters work colleague).

#5 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
          • Banned
          • 206 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:03 AM

It's probably different in Canada than it is in the States (I live in NY) but I didn't pay anything to have copies of our birth certificates notarized.  I just went to my bank and they did it for free. 

~~ Lea ~~
            January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
            (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#6 Cindy*

Cindy*
            • 2,655 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs. LowUFO 

I haven't actually gotten that far but I was wondering where do you have to go for this sort of thing? I wasn't even sure who was acceptable to sign these documents.

There are notary services, I think Red Seal is one here in Ontario, no idea how much they charge.  If you know anyone at a law firm, most lawyers are also notaries so if you know one, they likely will do it for you for free. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs*j*2011 

It's probably different in Canada than it is in the States (I live in NY) but I didn't pay anything to have copies of our birth certificates notarized.  I just went to my bank and they did it for free. 

That is different.  Here to get something notarized, it must be done by a notary public and you definitely couldn't get that done at the bank unless they had a notary there but they would definitely charge you for it.

#7 Mrs. LowUFO

Mrs. LowUFO
              • 110 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:26 AM

Thanks Cindy! I think my fiance knows of a few lawyers who can hopefully help us out when we get to that stage.

#8 Melissa&Todd

Melissa&Todd
                • 32 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:09 AM

I ended up asking my mom to call her lawyer, they did the 4 documents needed to be done for a $20 donation to a charity of our choice!!!     I asked the banks here in Ontario, but they don't have notaries anymore in the branches.

Unlike most .. I never pictured my wedding as a young girl growing up... But now that i met the man of my dreams..i cant stop picturing it

#9 sweetluna

sweetluna
                  • 183 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:59 PM

I went to the lawyer who did our paperwork for our mortgage.  He didn't charge us at all. But we did get lots of free trip advice!  he was recently in Jamaica for his sister's wedding.

I looked around before calling our mortgage lawyer and the average was $50 for up to 6 documents per person.  (if you have over 6 then it was an additional $20 per person)

#10 Cindy*

Cindy*
                    • 2,655 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

Glad you guys all seemed to work it out.  And glad to hear that non of the lawyers charged you.  Personally I have never charged anyone to notarize something.  Why bother, it takes like 2 minutes of my time.  Glad to see others don't charge either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users