Recent Trip - Reviews on Mayan Palace Marina Vallarta/Westin/Club Regina

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marical3

• 39 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

Hi Brides and Congrats on your wedding....

I just got back from Puerto Vallarta. I went there for 5 days to scout the location and pick a hotel for my October 2011 Wedding. I went to Club Regina that is located next to the Westin. It's a great hotel, especially for large wedding parties. The spot where weddings are done is great. There is a small barrier that separates the beach from the venue, which can be good for the purpose of children. The bathrooms aare also located right next to the venue.

The Westin is a beautiful. It really caters to it's guests and that's really it. The spot where the weddings are held especially for small weddings is not great. It is in a corner next to a wall. The landscape of the Westin has a variety of pools, the palms are amazing.... There is also a barrier separating the hotel from the beach, which is great for kids but again, you would have to see it to decide if that is your style. They have an outdoor area on the beach for weddings but every section is seperated which makes it odd since the point of a wedding is to unite families. But again, the hotel itself is great.

The Mayan Palace Marina is awesome. The exterior of the hotel when you pull up is not that great. But then you go inside the hotel and the WOW factor comes in. The hotel is open space with a "lagoon" in the front. They have a "river" that wraps the hotel and just takes your breath away. Many palms decorate the Mayan and the beach is right there. A stairway leads down to the beach. Beautiful Hotel..... The hotel also has a club inside that can be used after the party since most weddings end at 1 a.m. The club can be used with prior advisal.

All in all, Vallarta is awesome and breath-taking. My favorite was "El Eden". Absolutely stunning... Marina Vallarta is 10-15 min away from Downtown as well as the airport. Very close to everything. Hope this helps a bit. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Happy Planning.

#2 wnmrtn8

• 170 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for the great feedback. Can't wait to have my wedding at Mayan Palace. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users