Photo

Question About Menu Options in Invites

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Brandy

Brandy
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:22 AM

Ok, so I see most people put the menu options on the RSVP card, like chicken or beef or fish....is it necessary to let them know what exactly the chicken dish entails? Has anyone ever done this, and how did you do it, or is it just not necessary.  The reason Im wondering is because the chicken dish we chose, has baby shrimp on top, and I would think people would like to or need to know this, especially if they are allergic, I dont know of anyone off the top of my head that is allergic to shellfish, but what if?  So should I just leave it chicken and beef and let them know in more details when I speak to them, or should I put some type of insert in there with menu options in detail ( I was thinking along the lines of a business card with the menu options on it in detail) tacky? Let me know what your thoughts are thanks!!!!

#2 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
    • 376 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:58 AM

Does the name of the entree give any clue that there is shrimp with the chicken?

You could always do something like, "Beef, Shrimp & Chicken, Fish," making sure to put them on separate lines so that they know the chicken and shrimp come as a duo.

#3 Brandy

Brandy
      • 2,628 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:19 AM

the resort words it as grilled chicken breast, topped with baby shrimp in a jerk sauce, and I feel like if I put chicken and shrimp people might think they are getting chicken and full blown shrimp when thats not the case its more a sauce that is going on top of the chicken with little shrimps in them.

#4 JanineA

JanineA
        • 2,482 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:31 AM

You can try asking the resort for a more clever name for the dish. I got a friend of mine who is a chef to customize a menu for us and I gave that to the resort. Sometimes the chef can come up with a more clever name like Grilled Chicken in creamy petite shrimp sauce or glaze or something. I do agree though that people should know shrimp is included in case anyone has allergies. 

#5 Brandy

Brandy
          • 2,628 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:02 AM

Or maybe Ill just wait and see how many people pick the chicken, and then let them know, and they can change if they like before I send it to the resort. 

#6 jesscampbell410

jesscampbell410
            • 73 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

I would just make sure there are no vegans or  vegetarians attending your wedding.  If there are, I would make sure to accommodate them. Also, ask the resort for a different name of the dish!

#7 Brandy

Brandy
              • 2,628 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

Yea, I know for a fact there are no vegetarians or vegans attending so I didnt have to worry about that part, and beaches will accomodate them if there are any, I just have to let them know ahead of time, same with any food allergies, I guess I just need to figure out a way to find out who all has food allergies.

#8 jesscampbell410

jesscampbell410
                • 73 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

Send out a mass email! Easiest way! Yay technology!

#9 Brandy

Brandy
                  • 2,628 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

Yea, or maybe Ill just put something on our website

#10 jesscampbell410

jesscampbell410
                    • 73 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

Thats a good idea also!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users