Jump to content

Photo

2011 Iberostar Brides


  • Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#161 amyr610

amyr610
  • Site Supporter
  • 19 posts

    Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:26 PM

    Hi Ladies!

    I'm Amy and my wedding is June 10, 2011 at the Del Mar. I'm so excited to talk to you all.. just reading about all your plans has helped me so much!  I probably would have asked zero questions and just emailed that form back that karla sends when you book.. there's so much more to this than people realize!

    We've only been engaged since the holidays and so far we just booked the basic (forget what that one's called) package and planned to add on a private reception and cocktail hour, only now I wonder if the cocktail hour is needed since the ceremony isn't until 5 pm..? Does anyone have the same timeline?  I would love to still do it and maybe have the mariachis play but don't know if its a tight squeeze.  

    We did magnet save the dates that we ordered locally and the bm dresses and my dress is ordered.  I booked DJ Doremixx (yay!) and ordered invites from wedding paper divas. We're working with a TA and so far our group rate is sooo much cheaper than packages our guests have found. 

    Hannah, congrats on losing 15lbs!!  I read that you were trying a high protein diet.. would you mind sending me the details?  I am really struggling.. I actually lost a bunch of weight a few years ago and it wasn't that hard once I got in the gym and cut back on food, but now I know it's going to take more to lose that last 10 or so! 

    And Kelly, do not let anyone make you feel like the dw is selfish!  Haven't we all been at that huge wedding and barely spoke to the bride and groom?  This is so much more intimate for the people there with you.. I do hair so I speak to so many women every day and they all tell me the best advice is to enjoy it and not expect everyone to be happy.  It's your day!!

    Look forward to chatting with you all soon! 



    #162 Hannah5611

    Hannah5611
    • Newbie
    • 91 posts

      Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

      Kelly!!!  This is what we are here for....and guess what - there is NOTHING selfish about wanting or even expecting people to come to your wedding....People need to realize that it costs you just as much to stand up in anyone elses wedding (after engagement party, shower, bach party, wedding gift, dress, shoes, ect) AND you dont get a vacation out of that!!  And remember - even though it hurts, if someone doesnt feel it is important enough to be at your wedding - THEY ARENT WORTH having there!!  It is THEIR LOSS!!!   YOU will still have a GREAT TIME!!  I have gotten worked up so many times about people that I KNOW can afford to go but arent, but then I realize that if they dont feel that they need to be there, then I DEFINATELY dont need them to be there!!   I feel like I am ALWAYS doing stuff for other people, and it sucks when someone doesnt put the same effort back into a friendship, but again - THEIR LOSS!! 

       

      I would love to pass the starfish to you once I get it from Hanna!!!    I am kinda hoping we can just leave it at the resort and they can pass it along?  But if not, I will mail it ;)

       

      Hannah



      #163 Hannah5611

      Hannah5611
      • Newbie
      • 91 posts

        Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

        Sorry - I posted my last post before I read yours!  Congrats on your engagement and wedding date!!!  I would be happy to send you my diet details ... I have a long email with all the details I have sent so I just need your email address ;)  It took me 2 weeks to shed 10lbs....it wasnt bad at all....  message me your email address and I will email you the plan ;)
         

        Originally Posted by amyr610 

        Hi Ladies!

        I'm Amy and my wedding is June 10, 2011 at the Del Mar. I'm so excited to talk to you all.. just reading about all your plans has helped me so much!  I probably would have asked zero questions and just emailed that form back that karla sends when you book.. there's so much more to this than people realize!

        We've only been engaged since the holidays and so far we just booked the basic (forget what that one's called) package and planned to add on a private reception and cocktail hour, only now I wonder if the cocktail hour is needed since the ceremony isn't until 5 pm..? Does anyone have the same timeline?  I would love to still do it and maybe have the mariachis play but don't know if its a tight squeeze.  

        We did magnet save the dates that we ordered locally and the bm dresses and my dress is ordered.  I booked DJ Doremixx (yay!) and ordered invites from wedding paper divas. We're working with a TA and so far our group rate is sooo much cheaper than packages our guests have found. 

        Hannah, congrats on losing 15lbs!!  I read that you were trying a high protein diet.. would you mind sending me the details?  I am really struggling.. I actually lost a bunch of weight a few years ago and it wasn't that hard once I got in the gym and cut back on food, but now I know it's going to take more to lose that last 10 or so! 

        And Kelly, do not let anyone make you feel like the dw is selfish!  Haven't we all been at that huge wedding and barely spoke to the bride and groom?  This is so much more intimate for the people there with you.. I do hair so I speak to so many women every day and they all tell me the best advice is to enjoy it and not expect everyone to be happy.  It's your day!!

        Look forward to chatting with you all soon! 





        #164 Hanna20

        Hanna20
        • Newbie
        • 100 posts

          Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:16 PM


          Hi Hannah,

           

          Yay! We have another person to carry on the tradition! It makes me a bit nervous to think about leaving the starfish at the resort... never know what can happen with it in between weddings. I think I would much rather mail it to you and then we can be sure it doesn't go missing.

           

          Today is the deadline for our group rate payment so at least once today is done I can have that headache be over with!! Very much looking forward to it!
           

          Originally Posted by Hannah5611 

          Kelly!!!  This is what we are here for....and guess what - there is NOTHING selfish about wanting or even expecting people to come to your wedding....People need to realize that it costs you just as much to stand up in anyone elses wedding (after engagement party, shower, bach party, wedding gift, dress, shoes, ect) AND you dont get a vacation out of that!!  And remember - even though it hurts, if someone doesnt feel it is important enough to be at your wedding - THEY ARENT WORTH having there!!  It is THEIR LOSS!!!   YOU will still have a GREAT TIME!!  I have gotten worked up so many times about people that I KNOW can afford to go but arent, but then I realize that if they dont feel that they need to be there, then I DEFINATELY dont need them to be there!!   I feel like I am ALWAYS doing stuff for other people, and it sucks when someone doesnt put the same effort back into a friendship, but again - THEIR LOSS!! 

           

          I would love to pass the starfish to you once I get it from Hanna!!!    I am kinda hoping we can just leave it at the resort and they can pass it along?  But if not, I will mail it ;)

           

          Hannah





          #165 amyr610

          amyr610
          • Site Supporter
          • 19 posts

            Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

            Thanks for the diet Hannah!!

            Now comes the actual work..:)



            #166 Hannah5611

            Hannah5611
            • Newbie
            • 91 posts

              Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:47 AM


              Good Luck and I PROMISE if you put your all into it, you WILL be sooooo happy with the results!!

              Originally Posted by amyr610 

              Thanks for the diet Hannah!!

              Now comes the actual work..:)





              #167 nucci

              nucci
              • Newbie
              • 77 posts

                Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:49 AM

                Ahhh!  I'm feeling the same way about people coming/not coming.  Like they have known FOREVER we were doing a destination wedding.  We sent out the save the dates SO long ago.  I'm frustrated for so many reasons haha, people are backing out, people haven't booked yet, 4 of my friends are preggers and no longer coming!  I just feel like I always do and have done so much for other people and now I'm not feeling it back!  I completely understand it's a lot of money but some people are really surprising me.  I mean do they not think we have to plan??  So annoying!

                 

                With that being said I'm trying to move along.  I've been SO unfocused but with the help of everyones ideas on here I've been trying to get organized.  This past weekend we picked up our wedding bands and finished registering at Macy's.  With the help of Tara(who has been SO much help) I've started our program.  Our paper lanterns came in that we are hanging on the ceiling of the Don Alfredo.  They are huge and so bright!  I think it's going to look really good!  Still need to order everything for the OOT bags but been doing a lot of research and have found some good prices.  

                 



                #168 Hanna20

                Hanna20
                • Newbie
                • 100 posts

                  Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

                  Hannah --- quick question for you. Who did you hire for DJ Services again?

                   

                  My FI has now decided that we HAVE to have a DJ who can do the announcements etc (the one at the resort does not do them).

                   

                  Oh and did you decided on a photographer?



                  #169 Hanna20

                  Hanna20
                  • Newbie
                  • 100 posts

                    Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:58 AM

                    Hi Nucci,

                     

                    I totally feel your pain! Get this.... my FI's brother has bailed and his father probably can't come either!!! His father who has lived in Canada for 30+ years has never applied for his permanent resident card and therefore cannot leave the country (well he can leave but he can't come back). So now with less than 2 months to go till the wedding he has finally realised that he can't come without doing that first and he has finally started the process. Problem is that it takes way longer to get than a couple months. So now he has paid an arm and a leg to try to expedite the process and there is still no guarantee that he will get it in time. We have been together for 10 years..... talking marriage for at least 5 years.... and we had told everyone we will be having a destination wedding over 3 years ago. AND he waits till now to actually do something!!! As for the brother.... his excuse is that his hockey gear got stolen and he has to spend $2k to replace it and therefore doesn't have money to come. He had already paid a deposit to get in on the group rate and then he bailed 3 days before final payment was due. He then had the nerve to ask if he could get his deposit back!! ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

                     

                    Thats my vent session for the day!

                     

                    Originally Posted by nucci 

                    Ahhh!  I'm feeling the same way about people coming/not coming.  Like they have known FOREVER we were doing a destination wedding.  We sent out the save the dates SO long ago.  I'm frustrated for so many reasons haha, people are backing out, people haven't booked yet, 4 of my friends are preggers and no longer coming!  I just feel like I always do and have done so much for other people and now I'm not feeling it back!  I completely understand it's a lot of money but some people are really surprising me.  I mean do they not think we have to plan??  So annoying!

                     

                    With that being said I'm trying to move along.  I've been SO unfocused but with the help of everyones ideas on here I've been trying to get organized.  This past weekend we picked up our wedding bands and finished registering at Macy's.  With the help of Tara(who has been SO much help) I've started our program.  Our paper lanterns came in that we are hanging on the ceiling of the Don Alfredo.  They are huge and so bright!  I think it's going to look really good!  Still need to order everything for the OOT bags but been doing a lot of research and have found some good prices.  

                     





                    #170 nucci

                    nucci
                    • Newbie
                    • 77 posts

                      Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

                      Hanna-  That is insane about your FI's dad!!  I cannot believe he didn't get on top of things eariler.  My dad wasnt on board right away either but then I think he realized what he'd be missing.  As for your FI's brother...your FI should knock some sense into him haha!  I don't think people realize how much it really hurts when they do things like this!!  I'm getting nervous b/c some people havent gotten their passports yet!  I know it doesnt take that long but they need to do it now!  It's like we all have our own stress and have to deal with everyone else's drama too!!

                       

                      For a DJ we went with DJ Doremixx.  I've read and heard great things.  He's charging $900 which I think is kind of a lot but hopefully going to be worth it!  I heard he keeps the party going and really gets everyone into it!!  Dance party!!!!!  :)

                       

                      So Karla just sent me this whole questionaire about EVERYTHING!!  I have to send it back by the end of Feb.  Better get on it haha!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users