Sign in to follow this  
Jackie

Monogram Question

smile105.gifI dont understand when you girls say you "ordered 10 monograms" or you "designed 10 monograms"....

I'm confused if I bought a monogram from one of those websites than what.... Do I have to buy 20 of them to transfer onto my OOT bags and than 50 more for my lumineers? or do I just get copys made? Is it a stamp that you order, is it a iron on transfer that you order? I'm so confused. Do you just order 1? I dont get it.

In my case I went through creative montage, and the design price included 6 versions. So there were 6 different designs/motifs with our names or initials for me to choose from. I own all of them, but selected one to use. That one monogram I decided on was used on my photo stamps, stickers, OOT bags, etc.

It is a digital file that you can do what you want with.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, That does help but however leads me to my next stupid question.

Do you than just print it out on paper and take it somewhere to be turned into an iron on transfer or a stamp or sticker?

For instance how did you get your monogram from your computer onto you OOT bags?

The company I ordered the monograms from sell products with the monogram on it (including stickers) so I just ordered them online. I used a screenprinting company for the OOT bags, so I emailed them the digital file and they transferred it onto the bag. Some people do it themselves by putting transfer paper in their printers and printing the monogram file on it, then ironing on the transfers. You can make DIY projects out of anything you need, but I'm the wrong one to ask....I got to a point where I preferred to pay someone else to do it.

You can buy iron on transfer printer paper. Then print the monogram on the paper & iron it on. You can also upload the digital file onto different websites & order things with it printed on. For example, vista print chages $4.99 to upload your monogram. Once you do that, you can order prints of it on all kinds of stuff.

Thanks again! I think I'm just going to buy a monogram and than do exactly that. I would love to save money and get creative but I just dont have the damn time.