Newbie.. where do I begin!??!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 dreamsmaybride

• 168 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:54 PM

You've found the right site to help you out!  I agree with the others, choosing a resort was the most difficult part of the process.  Once that's done it's smooth sailing!!

#12 Susan Pacek Photography

Susan Pacek Photography
    • 192 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

Consider some of the British Virgin Islands as well. Tortola and Virgin Gorda are incredible. Where ever you decide will be incredible because you will be with the person you love and those friends and family who love you!!! Congratulations!!!

#13 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:12 AM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your wedding.
      Happy planning!!

#14 conosur

• 20 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:49 AM

I know it is exciting and overwhelming. The best thing to do is to write down what you want for your wedding and the kind of activities you want to have. A beach island will give you just that a beach to walk around and relax. However, there are many places that offers everything, history, touristic attractions, variety of music and food.  I personally prefer places that offers a variety of touristic activities during the day and at night. It is always have options so your guest do not get bored. Remember people are taking time off and spending money to travel to your wedding location. So give them the chance to turn this trip into a mini vacation. Let me know if you want more information about making decisions. I had helped some of my friends with their initial planning and selections. I have great tips and  tools I can share with you or anyone interested in learning about it..

#15 emmag87

• 161 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:51 AM

Hi welcome to the forum.  I am sure you will find lots of info on here to help with your planning!

#16 Katiemac1082

• 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

Thanks for all the advise!  I feel so welcomed!  :) 

My Fiance and I are pretty set on getting married in St. Thomas.  We are from Boston but our guests would be coming in from various parts of the east coast.  I am starting grad school full time in September and I would like to have most of the details figured out beforehand.  That leaves me with three weeks!  We are not too concerned with the details of our wedding, but just having a memorable and enjoyable event with our guests.  This is one of the reasons why I was looking into the beaches and sandals resorts- they do all the planning for you and you just pick out the theme, pay and enjoy.  Unfortunately, there are only 2 beaches resorts (T&C and Jamaica) and I feel T&C would be rather pricey for some of our guests and I feel that's a lot to ask. Sandals Resorts are out of the picture since I have 3 flower girls and 2 ring bearers (I have to include all my nieces and nephews ages 2-5, they are too cute not too!)

Does anyone have any advise or suggestions for resorts/hotels on St. Thomas for my wedding?  I have been looking into the Wyndham Sugar Bay and Marriot Frenchman's Reef but I have heard some mediocre reviews about the beaches on that side of the island. 

Any help is much appreciated!!

#17 jealousy88

• 116 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

Welcome to the forum!  You will find all the info you need here.  Congratulations on your engagement!

Tiffany and Shawn, June 23rd, 2012

#18 DmitryYakunin

• 227 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

You are right, it's time to start planning now not to forget a single detail and get prepared really well :) 

Congratulations! And welcome to the forum! 

#19 L&LFlores

• 168 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:10 PM

Welcome, you will find many great ideas on this forum.  Congrats! 

#20 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:03 AM

Welcome and congratulations on your engagement. Good luck with your planning!

BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users