Hotel Brisas del Mar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jenvh

• 135 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:07 PM

Anyone get married at Brisas del Mar? Or anywhere in Zihua for that matter.

I think it would be fun to get married in Zihautanejo because it's fun to say.

#2 starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

lol...I think that would be an excellent city to marry in. I bet someone here knows of that hotel.

#3 David and Laura

David and Laura
      • 177 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:22 AM

My fiance and I were planning on getting married in Zihautanejo. We visited in March of this year. We met with the wedding planner at Las Brisas del Mar in Zihua and Las Brisas Resort Ixtapa (they are not at all affiliated). Both place had their pros and cons. I loved the intimacy of Las Brisas del Mar, but there wasn't a good spot for the actual ceremony if you are going to have over 25 people. The reception site at the hotel (their restaurant) was awesome.

Las Brisas resort is much larger. The rooms were incredible, and there were a lot of great options for the ceremony and the reception. The building itself was a bit dated.

We went to dinner at a place called Tentaciones; it's a restaurant and boutique hotel. Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Vacation Rentals - Tentaciones Hotel & Lounge Pool - Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, Mexico The place is small, but it's incredible. We got to know the owner and were planning on having the wedding there. We would've been the first wedding. When we got home the plane tickets had mysteriously tripled in price. We tried to wait it out b/c we loved Zihua, but the prices didn't budge, and we didn't want to ask our guests to spend $600 to $900 for a ticket. There's only one airline carrier that flies there from the East Coast so there isn't much flexibility.

Ok, time to cut this short; it's getting long :). Zihua is great, but it's not easy to get to. The cost of a wedding there is expensive (one place charged $17 per hour per person for alcohol). If you have any questions or want pictures, let me know.

#4 BN Fotografia

BN Fotografia
        • 217 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

Zihuatanejo is definitely a great destination for a wedding... there are many mid to high end beautiful boutique hotels along with a well developed destination wedding industry (hence you can get things done).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users