Legal marriage..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coming together

coming together
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:59 PM

Alright here's my vent for the day:

So, we are getting "legally married" in our hometown, but having a ceremonial wedding in PV. My inlaws insist on being at the legal thing, but they live in Houston while we live in CA. I didn't want the legal thing to be a big deal, but now I think my parents should be there if the inlaws are there. The dilemma.. My dad lives in New Mexico, and my mom lives in Minnesota. I don't want them to feel as if they HAVE to be here. They are already paying for so much! What do I do?? I'm a little irritated!!!!!!!!!! Alright, I am very irritated. HELP!

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:10 PM

explain to them that they will see what you consider your real wedding and if people are there then it would make it feel like a real wedding. Also explain that you don't want your parents to feel like they need to be there and they are already spending so much money. I think that if you tell them that this is something just you and your future hubby want to share just the two of you that they should respect your wishes
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:20 PM

we didn't even tell anyone about the legal ceremony - we only wanted it to be the 2 of us. is there any way you can explain to your inlaws that this is to be a private ceremony, only for the 2 of you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users