Does swimming ruin gel nails?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Shelley
    Thanks ladies! I got them done yesterday. Oh I had forgotten how much I love gels. My MOH is bringing nail glue and I figure if one breaks I could just go to the salon in Mexico to fix it.

Well I'm off! Talk to you all when I get back!!!!
    Have a great time, and good luck!! :)
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#22 SheaS

• 380 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:42 AM

So does all of this apply to acryllic nails? I don't even know if the salons around here offer gel... I did't know there was a difference.

#23 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:56 AM

Gels don't need to be painted on the top. They can do a french manicure with a final layer of gel so there isn't polish to chip or discolor. I always used to have acrylic, and they weren't affected by the pool and ocean, but light colored polish (ie french manicures) yellow from sunscreen. If you get acrylic, you may need to have them repainted just before the wedding. Its not a big deal, but the gels are better in this regard.

#24 SheaS

• 380 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

Thanks Hopels.

#25 jmhein

• 665 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:40 PM

I'm also clueless about nails but want to get mine done before the wedding, so thanks! I found this thread really helpful! :)
            ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users