Photo

Marathons, 1/2s, and 10Ks oh my!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
  • 539 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:31 AM

Ugh tendonitis would suck, especially when you were doing so well!! I need to start training again, I'm doing a marathon in December but not really making it a competitive one. I qualified for Boston this year, so I'll train good for that one. The training is fun, but does get old. I usually start 12 weeks out, so I'm a tad behind.

Thanks for the skirt compliment. I am in love with them!! :) Plus they make wedgies a little more discreet!

~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#22 greysgirl

greysgirl
    • 370 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

How's everyone's running going?  I'm 2 weeks out from my marathon in Chicago (yaaaaay!)....which means that The Future Mrs. Thompson is 2 weeks away from being a bride.

#23 greysgirl

greysgirl
      • 370 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:50 AM

I'm loving the running skirt too, btw.  I was dead set again buying one, but once I tried one I really liked it.  Plus, they are better at hiding the running brief wedgie;)

#24 Cindy*

Cindy*
        • 2,655 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

Hey ladies, I have my 1/2 on Sunday.  In hindsight, training would have been a good idea.  Oh well, I am still looking forward to it.

#25 Natalie79

Natalie79
          • 112 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

Good luck ladies!!  I'm just in the 2nd week of my training so nothing too tough yet.  Can't wait to hear how it went :)

#26 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
            • 539 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by greysgirl 

How's everyone's running going?  I'm 2 weeks out from my marathon in Chicago (yaaaaay!)....which means that The Future Mrs. Thompson is 2 weeks away from being a bride.

Ahhhh thanks!! I totally think of the Chicago Marathon when I think of my wedding date, lol!!!  I hope you're enjoying your taper! :)

Originally Posted by Cindy* 

Hey ladies, I have my 1/2 on Sunday.  In hindsight, training would have been a good idea.  Oh well, I am still looking forward to it.

YAY! Good luck! You'll do great! I'm so jealous of everyone's races coming up!

I just started training for the Vegas marathon 2 weeks ago. I did a 14 miler and 16 miler. 18 and 20 before I leave for the wedding. Then who knows how it will go when we get back......

#27 Cindy*

Cindy*
              • 2,655 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:22 AM

Hey ladies, I had an amazing time at my half marathon yesterday.  I didn't even begin to feel tired until 15 kms in, not until 500 m from the finish did I really start to hurt.  My goal was 2:15 and I did it in 2:14:42.  I always forget how amazing it feels to do one of these.  I can't wait for my next race.  There is a 30 km race they do around here in March, I think I will sign up for that.  Sort of my test to see if I can get to a full.  Good luck to everyone who has a race coming up.

#28 greysgirl

greysgirl
                • 370 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy* 

Hey ladies, I had an amazing time at my half marathon yesterday.  I didn't even begin to feel tired until 15 kms in, not until 500 m from the finish did I really start to hurt.  My goal was 2:15 and I did it in 2:14:42.  I always forget how amazing it feels to do one of these.  I can't wait for my next race.  There is a 30 km race they do around here in March, I think I will sign up for that.  Sort of my test to see if I can get to a full.  Good luck to everyone who has a race coming up.

Congrats!!  Now you have the bug;)  YES, you can totally do a full if you've done a half.  I ran Chicago last weekend and LOVED it, except that it was 86 degrees F when we finished!  Plus, I'd had a fever for 72 hours prior to the race, so I felt a bit deflated.  I did run my fastest time yet though, but was not satisfied with my time....thus I'm already planning my next marathon.

#29 Cindy*

Cindy*
                  • 2,655 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:37 AM

Hey ladies, I did a 10 k on Saturday.  It was the zoo run which is a run through the local zoo.  I love that race but it was super hilly so it was a bit of a pain on my knees.  Then yesterday, I did a half marathon.  I beat my time in the one I did 3 weeks ago.  Only by a few minutes but not bad considering I did the 10 k the day before. 

Greysgirl, congrats on your marathon!!!!!!! That's awesome!

#30 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
                    • 539 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

Wahoo ladies!

Greysgirl, glad it went well and good luck with your next! They are so addicting! How did you finish?

Cindy, nice work on the 10k an the 1/2!! Haha you're an animal! :)

I just registered for Boston this morning! So excited! But I have the Vegas full in December and I'm so far behind on training, yikes! I need to get my butt in gear!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users