Photo

When did you begin planning?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 thatgirl913

thatgirl913
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

I was just engaged in May and we are having a September wedding! I would have loved to have the luxury of more time to plan, but things don't always work out that way, but it is all coming together very nicely. Just a bit rushed!

#22 bediva33

bediva33
    • 118 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Melaina
      Ha, that's awesome! I've never met another Melaina. And it's GREAT that you have ideas this early -- just imagine how amazing your wedding will be once you get there! Is there an option to move the date closer so you can really get rolling?
      No. I won't be able to take that amount of time off from school during a semester. I didn't really want to get married over summer break. That's why I'd rather wait until after graduation.

#23 bediva33

bediva33
      • 118 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MissSimone
        Well I'm not even engaged and I'm actively planning my wedding. We know we want to do it in 2013. I'm just waiting on the ring! (and a job w/ benefits) lol.
        Trust me I understand! Lol I'm in the same boat.

Thanks ladies for all your responses!

#24 bediva33

bediva33
        • 118 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by midnight24
          it's plenty of time to do research on ideas of what you like, what you don't. where you want it to be.

it's too early to get 'group rate quotes' for most places...but you can still pick a resort, pick a date (as long as you don't change your mind) and let people know your plans.

create a fun save the date, website and keep your potential guests informed.

lots of time to try on a dress and order one.

lots of time to think about colours, flowers, music, invites, photos.

but most of all...a lot of time to save money to pay for everything!!!

good luck and happy planning.

That's definitely a plus.

#25 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
          • 173 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:28 PM

I have been planning for a year, but feel i have left alot until the last minute. I have 3 weeks to go and have bought most of the things needed in the last 2 months which has been a little difficult on the old pocket!

#26 niajs

niajs
            • 214 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:55 AM

We got engaged in March 2010 and specifically chose a date 2 years away so that we could give our guests enough notice to plan and save to join us. Australia is literally the other side of the world from the UK! We booked the venue pretty much straight away and the transport (we are having a charter boat from the church to the hotel reception) and the photographer not long after that. We sent STDs exactly 2 years to the day (4th August). I have been scouring websites for ideas and making notes in a little book. I will start looking for my dress next Spring after my sister gets married in April.

#27 gmaurinm

gmaurinm
              • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:49 AM

before i got engaged?  It's never too early to look into things, just make sure that  your mind won't change in the meantime . . .only make decisions that you are 100 % sure. 

#28 ajamieso

ajamieso
                • 53 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:09 PM

MissSimone Im not engaged yet either but I know he's going to be asking by the end of this year because he's been hinting to it. I am so excited o plan a destination wedding that I believe I have everything planned for it. If my guy ask me by the end of this year it will only give me and my guest 9months to get their money together 9.10.11:))))) I believe 9 months is enough time to save $1500 per person  for a 3 night/4day weekend getaway right?

#29 Aumuller

Aumuller
                  • 365 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

I'm not getting married until 2012 either and have already begun planning. You can get all vendors you want, dates, etc this way. I haven't really been making any firm decisions yet, aside from our photographer, but you get lots of extra time to do research.

#30 MissSimone

MissSimone
                    • 255 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by ajamieso 

MissSimone Im not engaged yet either but I know he's going to be asking by the end of this year because he's been hinting to it. I am so excited o plan a destination wedding that I believe I have everything planned for it. If my guy ask me by the end of this year it will only give me and my guest 9months to get their money together 9.10.11:))))) I believe 9 months is enough time to save $1500 per person  for a 3 night/4day weekend getaway right?

that's how much it will cost my guest and I'm hopefully giving them a whole year. but i think 9 months is just fine. if you can't save that much in 9 months then you have serious issues lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users