Suggestions for a veil and jewelry??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lizzylos23

• 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:23 AM

I purchased this dress:

Click the image to open in full size.

and can't decide on a veil. I've been wanting to wear a mantilla but am not sure if it will look right. When I was a child I attended a church where every woman wore a lace veil during services and the mantilla's remind me of that. (And they're beautiful to look at of course) I don't attend that church anymore and I'm not having a religious ceremony but I like the idea of that particular veil.

My fiance loves the look and suggested a floor length mantilla but I'm thinking it won't look right.

I also don't know what to do about jewelry. I really like this necklace I saw on Etsy: Click the image to open in full size. but am stressing because I'm running out of time.

Did I mention I bought the shoes that match the dress and I really don't like them? I've been poring over shoes for days and my final fitting is this week! LOL, I sure hope the dress looks great because that's all I'm going to have at this rate.

Would anyone be so kind as to offer suggestions?

#2 Melaina

• 139 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:42 AM

I think a blusher would look amazing with this dress... it's really beautiful -- has a 50s feel to it, doesn't it?

#3 soontobemrsdow

• 250 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

I totally agree! Just looking at this dress it's all I can picture going with it. It's a beautiful dress.

#4 jennster_04

• 176 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

Wow that dress in one wor.... Amazing! Im in love with it you are going to look amazing!

The neckalce would go perfect!
          Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#5 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

How about a birdcage veil. Love the dress. I'm going with a similar necklace, but with some crystals thrown in. My dress has the same shape (asymetric bottom) but I have a ruched (sp?) bodice and sweetheart neckline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users