Japanese/Nigerian wedding in Maui :)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Kito

Kito
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:31 PM

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kiko Yamazaki and I got engaged December 12, 2010. Six months later and many "Have you set the dates?" my fiance Jemand and I are finally getting around to planning our dream wedding in Maui. We're hoping for a Sept/Oct 2011 wedding so we better book the venue asap! We're really leaning toward the Olowalu Plantation House. What do you guys think??

Here's our story :)

I met Jemand at Rutgers University in 2003 and he proposed to me on top of Killington mountain in VT on December 12, 2010. Snowboarding is our favorite pastime in the winter and I was surrounded by my closest friends. My full first name Yukiko means "Snowchild" and my last name Yamazaki means "the tip of the mountain" in Japanese so the setting was just perfect.

I have a hard time getting into wedding planning mode because my entire family, except my brother, lives in Tokyo. My parents moved back to Japan 3 summers ago. Jemand's mother lives in Georgia and his father lives in his native country of Nigeria. So without the push of family members, it has been really hard for me to start planning my wedding. Thank goodness for the Destination Wedding Forum! I'm starting to get out of my slump and it's comforting to have such a place to go to for help. And HELP is what I need!

#2 mlabbe

mlabbe
    • 784 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

Hi Kiko, congrats and welcome to the forum! I hope that your wedding turns out to be a great meet-up of both of your families!

#3 AishaB

AishaB
      • 2,350 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:21 AM

Hey Kiko, welcome to the forum. I bet it's hard being away from family but don't worry at BDW we have our own little family. We can all help in our own way to get you involved in our wedding planning and help you with most of the questions that you may have about a DW. I know that pretty soon you will be addicted to planning your wedding as the rest of us that are a part of this forum. Welcome and good luck!
        BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#4 GVphotographer

GVphotographer
        • 2,667 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

Hi,
        Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#5 artistique

artistique
        • Banned
        • 190 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

Kiko! The Olowalu Plantation House is AMAZING!! What a perfect spot and about as central as you are going to get for your families. Once you get into it, you will have a great time planning I'm sure. There is tons of helpful info here to make is easier too. Jemand sounds like a romantic, so hopefully he will give you a lot of help and support as you plan.

:) Michelle

#6 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
          • 528 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

Congrats and I hope your wedding day is beautiful! The site is so helpful and I am planning it all as well. Good luck!

#7 JanineA

JanineA
            • 2,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:34 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Happy planning!

#8 Mauiwedding

Mauiwedding
              • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

Welcome Kiko,

I am getting married Nov 4th of this year at Olowalu Plantation House and am SOOOOO excited. I dont think youll be dissapointed with that choice :)

#9 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                • Vendor
                • 2,782 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:23 AM

Welcome!!!

#10 Natie1971

Natie1971
                  • 342 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

Congrats and welcome!!! You will love this forum. Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users