Entertainment for the wedding. What to choose

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 m&d2011

m&d2011
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

Hi ladies!

So, I'm getting married on June 18, 2011 at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. I love music and dancing and will have lots of young friends coming to the wedding.

I'm debating whether I want to have a dj or live band for the reception. I know that a live band is very expensive, but I still would like to get some quotes.

As far as dj, I would also love to hear from you ladies about referrals. I was thinking about asking the dj to bring a percussionist to follow the beat of his music with the drums....I went to a bar this weekend, and they had that and it was awesome!

Let me know if you can refer someone to me!

Thanks

#2 CamilleA

CamilleA
    • 83 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

Hey - just wanted to see where you're at with this - we were also debating between a live band and a DJ 

We also like the idea of drums with the music, this is a big thing in the clubs in Toronto and we want our wedding to be a huge party....let me know

Thanks!

Camille

Originally Posted by m&d2011 

Hi ladies!

So, I'm getting married on June 18, 2011 at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. I love music and dancing and will have lots of young friends coming to the wedding.

I'm debating whether I want to have a dj or live band for the reception. I know that a live band is very expensive, but I still would like to get some quotes.

As far as dj, I would also love to hear from you ladies about referrals. I was thinking about asking the dj to bring a percussionist to follow the beat of his music with the drums....I went to a bar this weekend, and they had that and it was awesome!

Let me know if you can refer someone to me!

Thanks

Selling my Monique Lhuillier Sunday Rose - perfect condition - PM message if interested

#3 skadow

skadow
      • Banned
      • 1,853 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

I am doing an hour of Mariachi and the rest of the time I will be renting speakers and having background music. I am skipping the DJ due to the amount of people and demographics. 

If I win the lottery before my wedding i'll do fire dancers =) 

#4 skadow

skadow
        • Banned
        • 1,853 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

Forgot to add.....Grrrr no edit button.

That about 50% of my reason for having the band is that I think it will make great photos. Kinda of crazy I know =) Otherwise I was scared my professional photos might come back a little boring. 

#5 CamilleA

CamilleA
          • 83 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:02 PM

haha that's why I'm doing a mariachi band too - I think it will add a little something...I'm just doing them for a parade though from the church back to our cocktail party at the Playacar Palace 

btw love your cat - soo cute!

Selling my Monique Lhuillier Sunday Rose - perfect condition - PM message if interested

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users