Sign in to follow this  
nabilahaq

Arch for beach ceremony

Hi -

Question for all the brides that are getting married on a beach.... what are you using for an "arch" at your ceremony on the beach? I am so stuck on what to do. I received a quote for a 4 posted bamboo arch with fabric for almost $700!!! Yikes! (and I heard other vendors will charge the same since the bamboo has to be shipped in, then dried out, then assembled - no i am not joking) Was wondering if there is another option of creating an "arch" that will cost less.

Thanks!

Dreams wants $300 for an arch for a 20 minute ceremony. That is rediculous. I may just sweat it out.. If anyone has any better ideas I'd love to know as well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilahaq View Post
Hi -
I received a quote for a 4 posted bamboo arch with fabric for almost $700!!! Yikes! (and I heard other vendors will charge the same since the bamboo has to be shipped in, then dried out, then assembled - no i am not joking) Was wondering if there is another option of creating an "arch" that will cost less.

Thanks!
Holy smokes!! That's insane. What city/country are you getting married in? Maybe we can find you faux bamboo or something similar to what you want. Our chuppa cost like $175 and was real bamboo:
Click the image to open in full size.

Here are two great photos of Maye's setup.. they're from Christa's wedding.

You can have flowers added, but remember flowers in Cabo are SUPER expensive. I think with the beautiful ocean behind, simple is better.. IMO very beautiful just by itself.

Here are some pics of the Huppa Options that my resort offers. Prices are all about $250 and they are all fresh and handmade that day.

I am using Elena Damy for my flowers and getting married at the O & O Palmilla. While I think her work is great, the reason why the bamboo arch is so expensive, is because she has to order 8 posts to withstand the wind on the beach.

Thank you for everyone's replies, I have a few good ideas now!