Photo

Wedding Cake flavours

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 JM2010

JM2010
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:15 AM

I'm doing a 3 tier vanilla cake with a layer of mango buttercream in each. The mango buttercream will be the outside icing too.

#12 pretty_bride

pretty_bride
    • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:24 AM

That's interesting is this what it looks like?
      http://www.chocolate....ddingcake2.jpg

I wonder how that will taste with vanilla and mango together...that is very unique.

#13 selassie11

selassie11
      • 206 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:59 AM

@JM2010 - love the e-pic girl! Niceness!!

#14 JM2010

JM2010
        • 64 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:54 AM

Thank you!

#15 hutchets

hutchets
          • 195 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

I was curious as to where you were getting your cake from? Are you upgrading from what comes with the wedding package?

Thanks!
            Theresa
            Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png

#16 snow88

snow88
            • 181 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:52 AM

My family loves the traditional Jamaican cake. It's called fruit cake here. It tastes way better than the American fruit cake. It's made different. My only problem is that I didn't like the cake I tasted so I'm looking another cake baker or bringing it from home.

#17 BlondeLlamaTreww

BlondeLlamaTreww
              • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:13 AM

My cake's going to be 3 tiers. I'm not sure why, because I don't even like cake...but I wanted the 3rd tier so it'll look cool in the pictures. Haha.
                We chose a different flavor for each tier to please everyone's palette. The first is chocolate with chocolate mousse. The second tier is a white cake with a fresh strawberries, and the third is lemon with a ganache filling. This is in addition to a dessert bar that is going to be mostly pies and fruits. Good grief! haha

#18 JM2010

JM2010
                • 64 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:49 PM

I'm getting my cake through Sheila's bakery. It is an upgrade from our wedding package. $370 was the quote she gave us. We have 75 people coming but I asked for a cake large enough for only 45 because everyone always says there's so much left over and we'll have a dessert bar as well.

#19 Charrey

Charrey
                  • 35 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:53 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by snow88
                    My family loves the traditional Jamaican cake. It's called fruit cake here. It tastes way better than the American fruit cake. It's made different. My only problem is that I didn't like the cake I tasted so I'm looking another cake baker or bringing it from home.
                    We are getting married at Couples swept away and the options are vanilla, chocolate, or Jamaican fruit cake. I wanted to get the fruit cake but was worried since american fruit cake is so terrible! I think I'm going to go for it after reading your comment.

We are not upgrading our cake. It's a small relatively plain 2 tiered cake that feeds 10. We are having an elaborate cake at our reception at home so I can't justify the extra expense!

#20 akua420

akua420
                    • 301 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

I think I'm going for coconut, seems delicious and Jamaican, hahaha.
                      Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users