Photo

Wedding Cake flavours

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 pretty_bride

pretty_bride
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:06 AM

I am trying to decide on my wedding cake flavours any suggestions?

#2 selassie11

selassie11
    • 206 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

We're having a vanilla rum cake! Thought it would be appropriate for the locale and light enough for guests to enjoy. Traditional Jamaican wedding cake was also on the list of options, but I didn't think my American guests would enjoy - very dark, and heavy (they soak the fruit in rum for at least a year!)

#3 sorord1

sorord1
      • 240 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:41 AM

Vanilla rum cake sounds yummy. Are you going to do a filling with that?

#4 yumyum90

yumyum90
        • 183 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

I've seen alot of people do rum cake, my MIL is Jamaican and swears we have to have black cake at the wedding. I myself am considering one layer of white cake and one layer of chocolate w/strawberries in between.

#5 selassie11

selassie11
          • 206 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

You know...I hadn't thought about that...hmmm? I going to taste it on my trip this summer - I'll see if the baker has any suggestions. But I wonder what type of filling would go with it...how about straight rum! LOL

#6 sorord1

sorord1
            • 240 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

That is also my dilema my MIL is insisting on the dark cake. I was thinking maybe just having different layers and one of them being the traditional cake. Im not sure if that is possible but I am going to try. That vanilla rum cake still seems very tasty to me! Let us know how it tastes Selassie!

#7 ja bride

ja bride
              • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

Hi,

I am going Jamaican with one layer traditional Jamaican wedding cake, one layer coconut and I am trying to decide on the final tier.

#8 pretty_bride

pretty_bride
                • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:10 AM

Thank you for you ideas I think I am leaning towards a traditional Jamaican wedding cake. The Vanilla Rum cake sounds very intriguing I must try it to see what it's like. I also want to include a Chocolate cake as well, I spoke to Helen and she gave me some really nice suggestions about that. From the chocolate cakes she showed me I really liked the Double Chocolate Snowball cake and the Chocolate mousse Strawberry Layer cake that I can include.

I am so excited about the Black Forest Gateau as well I am going to post the pics soon so u guys can see

#9 pretty_bride

pretty_bride
                  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

This is what the cakes look like I can't upload the pics but these are the links:
                    http://www.realbakin....ball-thumb.jpg
                    the decoration was with cocoa dusting instead

http://farm4.static.....40081a955f.jpg this is exactly what the Chocolate mousse Strawberry looks like

http://www.german-in....ory-image2.jpg I like how this cake looks as well but it had more chocolate shavings mmmmm

#10 pretty_bride

pretty_bride
                    • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

Did you guys know there was a Death by chocolate cake? Oh my God I just love Chocolate

The Lemon Meringue Pie would also be good to serve to the guests but I don't know if a lot of people would like it this is what it looks like
                      http://img4.sunset.c...-meringue-m.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users