Photo

LED Tea Lights vs Votive Candles

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 KGirl99

KGirl99
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:29 PM

Finished my LED tea light luminaries tonight! Thank you so much for the helpful ideas. Took a picture with my Blackberry. I wanted to take a picture with the tea lights all lit up but it didn't turn out so well. Here's the finished product.

Click the image to open in full size.

#12 nicdeb928

nicdeb928
    • 293 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:00 AM

KGirl they look beautiful! what is vellum paper? and how did you make them? I also want to use candles but heard about the wind...im very interested in trying to make the LED candle idea work...

#13 selassie11

selassie11
      • 206 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

It depends on the quality of the LED lights...I've seen some pretty bad ones reminiscent of the Christmas candles people put in their windows for Christmas...ummm yeah. I'm getting married in JA in Aprill and my WP says its the windiest month. But she guarantees that if the the votive holder is tall/deep enough, it will protect the flame from the wind...

#14 selassie11

selassie11
        • 206 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:32 AM

@KGirl99 -- now THAT looks great! Good Job!

#15 KGirl99

KGirl99
          • 189 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by nicdeb928
            KGirl they look beautiful! what is vellum paper? and how did you make them? I also want to use candles but heard about the wind...im very interested in trying to make the LED candle idea work...

Vellum is the thick, transparent paper you see in invitations. You can get different kinds of vellum in any scrapbook stores. I bought the LED tea lights from Dollar Tree then I cut the vellum in about 2.5 in. strips and wrapped them around the tea lights using a hot glue. I used a stamper to put the words WITH LOVE on the vellum.

I originally wanted to do glass candle votives and wrap them with vellum to be used as luminaries but then my WC did say that it was too windy and sometimes, tea light candles could not remain lit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users