Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KGirl99

LED Tea Lights vs Votive Candles

Recommended Posts

I have been considering using glass votives with candles as centerpieces for my reception. However, I have been hearing mixed reviews about this as I heard several brides saying that it was too windy to use candles and they recommend using LED tea lights instead. I was hoping to wrap the glass votives with vellum and make them into luminaries. Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm good questions. I would like to hear experiences other brides had with this. I was orginally going to do 50 V candles scattered over 5 tables. But I heard the wind can be bad. I am also getting married at a Palace resort! Nice choice KGirl! I am doing the ASP one tho, on Feb 18th!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was promised by my coordinator that the votives, floaties and luminaries will not blow as she will have very tall glass and the candle up to the middle.

I am having that and besides she takes care of lighting all the candles which might be too many on the day for you to do, or your maid of honour.

and the look of lots of lighted lights is wonderful luminaries and floaties JULIETA your WEDDING FLORIST AND COORDINATOR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieInLove View Post
i was promised by my coordinator that the votives, floaties and luminaries will not blow as she will have very tall glass and the candle up to the middle.
I am having that and besides she takes care of lighting all the candles which might be too many on the day for you to do, or your maid of honour.
and the look of lots of lighted lights is wonderful luminaries and floaties JULIETA your WEDDING FLORIST AND COORDINATOR

Thanks for the information! I guess my glass votives will be alright. I mean LED lights are practical but I think luminaries are way prettier. I am making my own luminaries and I can tell my guests they can always bring those home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was worried about this too and I didnt want to have to take candles AND pack/take glass tea light or votive holders with me. Instead, we are getting LOTS of the LED tea lights all over the tables and using the vellum to wrap them. Way easier to pack and won't have to worry about getting there and having any of the candle holders breaking. Plus paper takes up very little room :) We used a glue stick to glue the vellum to the base of the tea lights. Works great. I'll add some ribbon just to spruce it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by smckinney22 View Post
I was worried about this too and I didnt want to have to take candles AND pack/take glass tea light or votive holders with me. Instead, we are getting LOTS of the LED tea lights all over the tables and using the vellum to wrap them. Way easier to pack and won't have to worry about getting there and having any of the candle holders breaking. Plus paper takes up very little room :) We used a glue stick to glue the vellum to the base of the tea lights. Works great. I'll add some ribbon just to spruce it up.

Now that's an idea. One good thing about LED tea lights is that they're not that heavy. thanks for telling me! I'm going to haul my glass votives back to Walmart now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No prob :) if you have a Dollar Tree store near you the tea lights are 2 for a dollar. I got the vellum paper at Joanne Fabric but they may have it at any store that sells scrapbooking paper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by smckinney22 View Post
No prob :) if you have a Dollar Tree store near you the tea lights are 2 for a dollar. I got the vellum paper at Joanne Fabric but they may have it at any store that sells scrapbooking paper

I asked my WC point blank if it would be better to get LED tea lights instead of glass votives and she did say that it does get very windy by the beach and votive candles have a problem remaining lit.
Thanks for the idea! I already got damask printed vellum. I am putting love quotes on mine using a laser printer. I got the template at http://www.gartnerstudios.com/node/2761

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh the damask will be beautiful! It'll still shine through the clear part but you should be able to see the design still. Do a few up and take them out at night and see how the look :) Glad I could help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×