• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 rosieposie

rosieposie
  • 649 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:53 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by carolina24
    question ladies, when you do the bikini area, are you doing the whole thing like a brazilian or just around your legs?
    also I've heard it doesn't work as well on darker skin tones, doesn anyone have any experience with this? I am colombian and have kind of an olive skin tone.

thanks ladies!!
    i'm doing a "french" bikini, some off the top, and all off the sides.

i'm chinese, with fairly light skin but since i do have some "yellow" pigment in my skin i was told it may just take a bit longer than average to get ther results i want. we will have to see monitor the results as treatments go along.

best idea is to head for a (should be free) consultation

next treatment is coming up! i'm surprised at how little re-growth there's been.

#32 carolina24

carolina24
    • 1,573 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by rosieposie
      i'm doing a "french" bikini, some off the top, and all off the sides.

i'm chinese, with fairly light skin but since i do have some "yellow" pigment in my skin i was told it may just take a bit longer than average to get ther results i want. we will have to see monitor the results as treatments go along.

best idea is to head for a (should be free) consultation

next treatment is coming up! i'm surprised at how little re-growth there's been.
      thank you so much! i'm scheduling my consultations after the wedding, can't wait to NOT shave or wax!!

#33 rosieposie

rosieposie
      • 649 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

Quote:
        thank you so much! i'm scheduling my consultations after the wedding, can't wait to NOT shave or wax!!
        that's great! a consult is great because they can see your skin, give you price estimate and do a test patch.

i can't believe how noticeable the results have been so now i'm REALLY REALLY contemplating on doing my underarms along with my bikini at my next appointment.

#34 krmiller

krmiller
        • 239 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:49 PM

I'm so glad I found this thread. I have been wanting to do this forever, but am being a chicken! I would love to have it done before my wedding next spring. Thanks for posting such great info!

#35 greysgirl

greysgirl
          • 370 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

Quote:
            question ladies, when you do the bikini area, are you doing the whole thing like a brazilian or just around your legs?
            also I've heard it doesn't work as well on darker skin tones, doesn anyone have any experience with this? I am colombian and have kind of an olive skin tone.

thanks ladies!!
            I had it all lasered off....and don't regret it a bit! It's SO nice to not worry about shaving, or ingrowns! I have fairly olive skin with dark brown hair, but my body hair was always black and coarse. I was told by the laser technician that the laser picks up the difference in pigment, so it works best of clients with darker hair. I'd definitely get a consultation and patch test to see if it's worth your time, discomfort, and money. If you are a good candidate, you'll never regret going through with it! Good luck.

#36 carolina24

carolina24
            • 1,573 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by greysgirl
              I had it all lasered off....and don't regret it a bit! It's SO nice to not worry about shaving, or ingrowns! I have fairly olive skin with dark brown hair, but my body hair was always black and coarse. I was told by the laser technician that the laser picks up the difference in pigment, so it works best of clients with darker hair. I'd definitely get a consultation and patch test to see if it's worth your time, discomfort, and money. If you are a good candidate, you'll never regret going through with it! Good luck.
              thank you! how many sessions did you end up having to acheive permanent results?

#37 greysgirl

greysgirl
              • 370 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:44 PM

I had 4 or 5 treatments in that area and get only the occasional hair...thus I shave MAYBE once a month. Plus, the hair that does grow back is very fine and not dark like it was. So it's kind of funny how I won't notice any hair and then one day get a close up in the mirror of my armpit (for example) with one long thin light hair. Ha! If you do it you'll never regret it. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

#38 carolina24

carolina24
                • 1,573 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:36 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by greysgirl
                  I had 4 or 5 treatments in that area and get only the occasional hair...thus I shave MAYBE once a month. Plus, the hair that does grow back is very fine and not dark like it was. So it's kind of funny how I won't notice any hair and then one day get a close up in the mirror of my armpit (for example) with one long thin light hair. Ha! If you do it you'll never regret it. One of the best purchases I've ever made.
                  i can't wait!!! i would do it now, but with all the wedding expenses and time crunches....i'd rather wait till we get back. i'm glad i found this thread, thanks ladies!!! i'll post my feedback when the time comes

#39 rosieposie

rosieposie
                  • 649 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

I'm due for my 3rd treatment next Saturday. There's hardly any hair growning back! Yay, no more bikini waxing! The 2nd treatment was still kinda painful, but definately not like the first one...so I'm hoping the next one will be a breeze.

I'm going to schedule in to do underarms too after next week's appt.

#40 msglave

msglave
                    • 933 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:16 PM

No laser for me but I have been getting electrolysis for about 1 1/2 years and it's working!!!!!
                      The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users