Photo

Engraved cake slicer and knife

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:57 PM

Is this something that is supposed to be given as a gift? If so, I don't think anyone is getting this for us. I think it is nice to have, but definitely not a necessity. I would imagine the resort would have something to cut the cake with. Are any of you taking a personalized cake slicer and knife with you to your destination? I'm just trying to decide if I should go pick one out and have it engraved.

#2 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
    • 914 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

I don't think it's an item that should be given as a gift. I'm sure the resort will have something to cut the cake with.

It's one of those items that I'm not spending money on, only to have it sit in a box and never used again. Just my two cents.

#3 Mere

Mere
      • 729 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:21 AM

I know I shouldn't have bought a set, but I did. It isn't a necessity and I know the resort will have one, but I went ahead and purchased one-oh well.

#4 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
        • 997 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:29 AM

I wouldn't spend money on it but we are bringing a knife set. The same one that both my grandparents and my parents used to cut their cake. We'll just tie a little pink and orange ribbon around it to make it match our decor.

Why not ask around...a family member might have one with a little emotional significance?

#5 PrincssScorpion7

PrincssScorpion7
          • 81 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

I wanted to know the answer to this too because I have not decided if I am going to purchase a set or not.

#6 Mere

Mere
            • 729 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

I am tying orange personalized ribbons around ours too.

#7 skadow

skadow
              • Banned
              • 1,853 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

This isnt something that I want or would buy, but if there are ladies on here that want it...I say go for it! Your the bride, and whatever makes you happy. Plus a knife set probably isnt going to break the bank =)

Some people probably would think its nutz to spend $200 plus on shoes..personally I think its a good rounded number.

#8 jennifer769405

jennifer769405
                • 152 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:55 AM

I'm skipping that purchase...the restaurant that I'm having the reception at has something to cut the cake with...and to be honest none of the cake cutting utensils stick out in my mind from any of the weddings I've been to in the past :)

#9 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
                  • 914 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:17 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by skadow
                    ..personally I think its a good rounded number.
                    I will now use this as my wedding motto... to be broken out when I need to justify the price of something to the FI.

#10 PrincssScorpion7

PrincssScorpion7
                    • 81 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by DWbridetobe
                      I will now use this as my wedding motto... to be broken out when I need to justify the price of something to the FI.

Make sure you tell us how well it works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users