Photo

When to get dress altered.....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jodieP

jodieP
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

Hi all I meant to add ina post earlier about head wear that i have no idea when to get my dress altered....

I bought it off the rack at an amazing sale price about 6 months ago when i wasn't even intending to buy a dress yet!! found it by accident...anyways...

It 8months till the wedding, I dont intend to loose much weight before it, but when is a safe time to get the dress altered?? I it too soon... whens too late??

Thanks

Jodie.xx
    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/ZxiGp1.png

24 Booked plus bride & groom

#2 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
    • 734 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

The bridal store where I purchased my dress from made my appointment 7 weeks before. I'm not sure if this is standard, but at least you have some idea.
      http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
      http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#3 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
      • 997 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

My bridal store recommended 6 to 8 weeks before the wedding to have the first fitting appointment! So excited...mine's in a couple of weeks!

#4 Mere

Mere
        • 729 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

I just got my wedding dress and it will be in June 21st. Our wedding is July 21st-I will start in alterations immediately. If my wedding were months from now-I would still wait until closer to the wedding.

#5 becks1581

becks1581
          • 477 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

My situation is really similar to yours. I stumbled upon my dress at a sample sale and couldn't pass it up....even though my wedding is a year away! My weight doesn't really fluctuate so I'll prob start alterations about 2months out. I think I'll feel better getting it started a bit on the early side.

#6 jhartford19

jhartford19
            • 187 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:18 PM

The place where I got my dress suggested two months before for the first fitting, but I know they can do them pretty quickly if you need them done fast!

#7 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
              • 340 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:29 PM

My appointment is for July 3rd....wedding is August 19th. I thought that was too close to the wedding, but I'm guessing it's normal. I just need to have the bottom hemmed, but there's a lot of beading that needs to be moved up so I may go sometime in June just so I don't freak out about it.

#8 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                • 5,521 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

I was a January 2010 bride. And winter tends to be a slower season for weddings so getting your dress altered is easier to do. I got my dress altered 4 weeks before our wedding. I picked it up 10 days before our wedding and everything was perfect. I wanted it as close to the wedding as possible. Because of working out and weight loss etc. They did take it in quite a bit and my dress was a corset so I had the ability to take it in extra etc.

Hope this helps.

#9 Trinas79

Trinas79
                  • 179 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:52 AM

My bridal store starts alterations a month before the wedding - feels a tad bit tight on time to me, especially since I will be super busy, but they do it that way b/c of the whole weight thing....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users