Sign in to follow this  
jodieP

When to get dress altered.....

Hi all I meant to add ina post earlier about head wear that i have no idea when to get my dress altered....

I bought it off the rack at an amazing sale price about 6 months ago when i wasn't even intending to buy a dress yet!! found it by accident...anyways...

It 8months till the wedding, I dont intend to loose much weight before it, but when is a safe time to get the dress altered?? I it too soon... whens too late??

Thanks

Jodie.xxfeedback.gif

I just got my wedding dress and it will be in June 21st. Our wedding is July 21st-I will start in alterations immediately. If my wedding were months from now-I would still wait until closer to the wedding.

My situation is really similar to yours. I stumbled upon my dress at a sample sale and couldn't pass it up....even though my wedding is a year away! My weight doesn't really fluctuate so I'll prob start alterations about 2months out. I think I'll feel better getting it started a bit on the early side.

My appointment is for July 3rd....wedding is August 19th. I thought that was too close to the wedding, but I'm guessing it's normal. I just need to have the bottom hemmed, but there's a lot of beading that needs to be moved up so I may go sometime in June just so I don't freak out about it.

I was a January 2010 bride. And winter tends to be a slower season for weddings so getting your dress altered is easier to do. I got my dress altered 4 weeks before our wedding. I picked it up 10 days before our wedding and everything was perfect. I wanted it as close to the wedding as possible. Because of working out and weight loss etc. They did take it in quite a bit and my dress was a corset so I had the ability to take it in extra etc.

Hope this helps.

My bridal store starts alterations a month before the wedding - feels a tad bit tight on time to me, especially since I will be super busy, but they do it that way b/c of the whole weight thing....