Bridal head wear?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jodieP

jodieP
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hi all,

Right this may sound silly but I honestly dont know whether to go for a veil/tiara or not??

We have opted for the gazebo at the riu caribe in cancun and this would make it less breezy I guess than the beach set up...

Im hopefully gonna have a kind of half up do with loose curls im still looking in to my hair style and im not sure what I want yet? I can kinda picture it in my mind but not really.... sounds daft eh?

Any idea's? What are you all doing with head wear for a beach location?

Thanks for any input.

jodie.xx
    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/ZxiGp1.png

24 Booked plus bride & groom

#2 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
    • 997 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

Here's some pics of the headband that I chose! I'm not going with a veil...good luck with your decision!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#3 Mischaka

Mischaka
      • 969 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

I MIGHT do the veil...big MIGHT! and it will only be for my MIL. but all I want is to have a flower.

#4 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
        • 340 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

I'm doing a veil & tiara with my hair all up. I would've loved to do half up with curls, but my hair won't hold curls for more than a few minutes no matter how much hairspray is used.

#5 debbmach

debbmach
          • 1,457 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

I'm getting married on the beach and not wearing a veil. Hair all up with some kind of flower/feather head piece to the side.
            http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#6 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
            • 734 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

Jodie, I'm going through the same thing, except we're having a beach ceremony. Part of me wants to wear a veil, but the other part wants to stay simple and just wear a pretty head band. However, my grandmother wants me in a veil, so I think i'm going to do it for her. But I haven't found anything yet, so we shall see.
              http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
              http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#7 Mere

Mere
              • 729 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

We are getting married on the beach. I am just wearing a flower in my hair-still deciding if I want it up or down-I am guessing up since our wedding is in July-HOT-LOL.

#8 skadow

skadow
                • Banned
                • 1,853 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:20 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by debbmach
                  I'm getting married on the beach and not wearing a veil. Hair all up with some kind of flower/feather head piece to the side.
                  I was thinking about the flower / feather as well. I want a little more bling then just the flower so I think this would be perfect. I would love to see examples from some of the other laides!

#9 jhartford19

jhartford19
                  • 187 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:23 PM

My mom and sister really want me to wear a veil, so I think I might wear a veil and then after the ceremony take it off and wear a flower or something in my hair. Good luck with your decision!

#10 hat0112

hat0112
                    • 1,219 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:14 PM

LOL, I am actually wearing 2 veils and a tiara. I got a cathedral length veil and a veil to my fingertips. I always wanted a cathedral length veil, but the short veil goes with my dress and I couldn’t decide between the two. At least both veils are only 1 piece and very thin. And I wasn’t planning on a tiara but I love it and again couldn’t say no. I am going to have hair my hair down and in curls. I just need to figure out a way to keep my veils from blowing away (just till the end of the ceremony then both veils come off during pictures) since from what I am told Aruba is VERY windy!
                      Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users