Photo

Inviting Co-workers

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Thisisit2011

Thisisit2011
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

Hey Ladies. I work in a very small organization and work very closely with just my supervisor and one other person who has the same job as I do. I'm new to the area and have no friends or anyone to socialize with so I end up talking to them about lots of stuff that have nothing to do with work. They are really nice gals, but it takes me a long time to make friends and haven't really made that connection with them as yet.

I'm struggling whether to invite them to the wedding or not since I am only inviting family and really close friends (have known for 5+ years). But I feel weird not inviting them cause they are the only ones I have to talk to about all of this stuff. Any thoughts?
    "Nobody minds having what is too good for them." Jane Austen

#32 Train13

Train13
    • 33 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:27 PM

You might want to consider bringing up the fact that you're planning on a small, intimate wedding of just close family and friends to your coworkers.

A secretary in my office is having her wedding in 7 weeks, and socializes with many of us on a daily basis. She made it very clear that she has a large family and can only afford so many plates, so none of us are expecting an invitation from her.

I think it's more difficult when you have those certain coworkers who ask you if they're invited to the wedding- having to respond kindly without hurting their feelings.

Good luck! I think you'll feel more at ease once you get your point across to them.

#33 Thisisit2011

Thisisit2011
      • 65 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:30 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Train13
        I think it's more difficult when you have those certain coworkers who ask you if they're invited to the wedding- having to respond kindly without hurting their feelings.
        That's exactly the situation I am in. They kind of both expect to be invited. I told them that the FI and I haven't decided yet if we'd be inviting coworkers but I said if I were to invite anyone it would just be the two of them. I'm kicking myself because I wish I had been prepared to say were just keeping it to friends and family.

Thanks for the feedback.
        "Nobody minds having what is too good for them." Jane Austen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users