Photo

Live Classical Music in Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sweetluna

sweetluna
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:39 AM

I know steel drum band is common for weddings in Jamaica but I'm wondering if anyone has used or knows of any musicians in Jamaica who play live classical music? We would really love to have this for our ceremony, my FI is really into classical music (he plays a lot on the piano) and I gave him music as one of his tasks for the wedding planning. He's getting discouraged because he thinks his only option for classical music is to play it on CD.

I thought I would reach out to fellow brides on this forum to see if anyone can direct me to who I can talk to? I will be emailing my WC on Monday but thought I'd get a head start here..

Thanks!!

#2 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

I'm thinking of using a saxophonist for our ceremony. I think it would be very elegant.
      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#3 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
      • 265 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:17 AM

I am a professional saxophonist and I have done many wedding using classical pieces and its very nice. So that is an option most people just think of sax and jazz but I'm actually classically trained. But have you asked you WC about musicians also i know most of the big AI resorts in jamaica have piano bars so they do have people who come in a play piano maybe thats a suggestion and you could ask your WC if they do weddings also their are some independent wedding coordinators in JA so maybe you could contact take one about musicians. Their are classical musicians its just sometimes hard to find them. hope this helps.

#4 yumyum90

yumyum90
        • 183 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

I think you can find it. I just got my "extras list" form the wedding coordinator and there was an option for a saxophonists. Finding a pianist might be a little more challenging. Ask the resort or WC, you might be able to find something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users