Jamaica Newbie

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 selassie11

• 206 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm excited...and I must say this forum is THE BEST! Much MUCH more active than theknot.com or brides.com and soooo much info. It's my new addiction! More time here than on Facebook! LOL

amandagee -- trust me i've been trying to figure an ideal location for a while! My best friend is from Jamaica and I've been with her twice. Unlike most, I love Kingston! Gritty and city - the REAL Jamaica. There's a place near there that I absolutely LOVE - Strawberry Hill - but I know that when you tell folks you're having a destination wedding in Jamaica AND expect them to pay $$$ they're gonna want some beach! Plus it's in the hills and the ride up is not for the faint hearted. I can see my mother and his grandmother now - SHEESH - we'd never hear the end of it!

So my fiance suggested Ocho Rios, because of all the different tourist types things to do (Dunn's River, Mystic Mountain, etc.). Let me interrupt here and say that I do NOT want a cookie cutter wedding...I've seen the assembly line style weddings that many large AI resorts crank out, and that's just not my vibe! Unfortunately, Ocho Rios doesn't offer much else that's in our price range.

So here I am considering Negril and only because a bride on the knot posted pics of a Tensing Pen wedding and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love!! So fingers crossed - that's where we'll be! (Fingers crossed everybody! And toes too!!)

#12 sorord1

• 240 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:53 PM

Hi Selassie,

Try contacting Dawn from Jamaica Elegant Weddings. She coordinates weddings in Negril and she will work within your budget. She will also provide the location for the wedding and reception. A couple of brides on here have used her. So far communication with her has been excellent!

#13 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#14 LadyTrunck

• 1,114 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

Welcome! This site truly is a lifesaver!!
          Married to my BEST FRIEND!
          July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
          Non-Pro Pics:
          Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users