Jamaica Newbie

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 selassie11

selassie11
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

Hi all!

I'm a newbie to the site. Planning a April 2011 wedding in Negril. I wish I had a set date, but that will depend on the venue I book with (I'm still saving/collecting $ for the deposit!) Hopefully I'll have a date in the next couple of weeks!

Looking forward to connecting with you all. I can already tell this site is going to save me a lot of stress! YAY!

#2 amandagee

amandagee
    • 14 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:48 AM

I am thinking of doing a Jamaica wedding too! How are are picking your resort?

#3 *Karla*

*Karla*
      • 4,854 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum! You will love being a Jamaica bride. I was married in Negril also. Let me know if you have any questions! Best of luck with all your planning

#4 donutdjn

donutdjn
        • 419 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:20 PM

congratulations & welcome!

#5 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
          • Vendor
          • 2,782 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

Congrats and welcome!

#6 Angel-in-Law

Angel-in-Law
            • 250 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

Welcome to a fellow Caribbean bride! Check out the Jamaica forums for more tips specific to your venue! Have fun planning!

#7 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
              • 914 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:45 PM

Congrats on your engagement, and welcome to the forum!

#8 Nicyx

Nicyx
                • 2,914 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hello, Congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#9 Mere

Mere
                  • 729 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:10 PM

Congrats to you! Welcome to the forum! Good Luck to ya and happy planning!

#10 selassie11

selassie11
                    • 206 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm excited...and I must say this forum is THE BEST! Much MUCH more active than theknot.com or brides.com and soooo much info. It's my new addiction! More time here than on Facebook! LOL

amandagee -- trust me i've been trying to figure an ideal location for a while! My best friend is from Jamaica and I've been with her twice. Unlike most, I love Kingston! Gritty and city - the REAL Jamaica. There's a place near there that I absolutely LOVE - Strawberry Hill - but I know that when you tell folks you're having a destination wedding in Jamaica AND expect them to pay $$$ they're gonna want some beach! Plus it's in the hills and the ride up is not for the faint hearted. I can see my mother and his grandmother now - SHEESH - we'd never hear the end of it!

So my fiance suggested Ocho Rios, because of all the different tourist types things to do (Dunn's River, Mystic Mountain, etc.). Let me interrupt here and say that I do NOT want a cookie cutter wedding...I've seen the assembly line style weddings that many large AI resorts crank out, and that's just not my vibe! Unfortunately, Ocho Rios doesn't offer much else that's in our price range.

So here I am considering Negril and only because a bride on the knot posted pics of a Tensing Pen wedding and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love!! So fingers crossed - that's where we'll be! (Fingers crossed everybody! And toes too!!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users