Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Norma83

Hello - 2012 Bride

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma83 View Post
That's awesome! I've actually been corresponding with Angie and so far things are going well. When we went for the site inspection, Lorena, was awesome too!!

I'll definitely have to keep in touch with you :) I'd like to know how things go and how your wedding turns out! How many people will you have attending and how long have you been planning? If it's easier to communicate through email, let me know.
I will definitely keep you posted, a little less than 6 months to go!! =D
Lets see, we have only been planning for about 5 months now...sounds crazy now that I say it lol but he proposed in June 09 and our original intent was to get married in Sept 2011 at a local venue, when at our engagement party in Nov, we both decided to move the wedding up a year and have a destination wedding lol so we just sprung it up on our guests and everyone totally loved the idea! And we are having a total of 35 guests, It was hard limiting it to that small amount of people but thats just what worked for us. So, do you have any ideas in mind yet about your weddinghuh.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoesiesluvr View Post
I will definitely keep you posted, a little less than 6 months to go!! =D
Lets see, we have only been planning for about 5 months now...sounds crazy now that I say it lol but he proposed in June 09 and our original intent was to get married in Sept 2011 at a local venue, when at our engagement party in Nov, we both decided to move the wedding up a year and have a destination wedding lol so we just sprung it up on our guests and everyone totally loved the idea! And we are having a total of 35 guests, It was hard limiting it to that small amount of people but thats just what worked for us. So, do you have any ideas in mind yet about your weddinghuh.gif
That's so exciting :) Are all your guests staying at the Gran Caribe? My finance proposed in 2007, can you imagine the wait for me!? UGH, it's like torture LOL...

So far, just with close family we know will be attending, we're at 60 guests. I think when we are said and done, it'll be 75. I'm a little worried about the guest list. We'll have to figure that out! I have had a lot of time to think about ideas and we pretty much know what we want. After seeing the resort in person, we for sure want to do the Catholic Ceremony in the Chapel. We'll have to do the civil ceremony right after. For the reception, we're thinking the Terrace on the roof top of Albatros. We really liked the view from there. What are you guys doing? Are you having a rehearsal dinner or anything like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishgirlinNY View Post
Hi Norma

Congratulations! We started planning our wedding 22 months ahead and now we only have 13 months to go! Time goes really quick. Good luck with all your planning.
Thanks Shannon! Congrats to you too :)

How did you handle planning so far in advance? I feel that at times the WC at the resort doesn't take me seriously because I'm so far out, you know? I've been very persistent but I feel like I'm being too pushy. What is most important to me is making sure we get the date we want because we've already begun to tell our family. We just want to make sure we give them enough time to save and plan for the trip. What did you do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma83 View Post
That's so exciting :) Are all your guests staying at the Gran Caribe? My finance proposed in 2007, can you imagine the wait for me!? UGH, it's like torture LOL...

So far, just with close family we know will be attending, we're at 60 guests. I think when we are said and done, it'll be 75. I'm a little worried about the guest list. We'll have to figure that out! I have had a lot of time to think about ideas and we pretty much know what we want. After seeing the resort in person, we for sure want to do the Catholic Ceremony in the Chapel. We'll have to do the civil ceremony right after. For the reception, we're thinking the Terrace on the roof top of Albatros. We really liked the view from there. What are you guys doing? Are you having a rehearsal dinner or anything like that?
Oh wow! but that just means thats youve had all that time to plan and gather information, now youre more than prepared wink.gif To answer your question, none of our guests are staying at the Gran Caribe. We will all be staying at the Royal since its an Adult Only resort and were only adults lol But yes the Chapel is exquisite, I really loved the look of it but we decided to do a civil ceremony before we leave CA and just do a spiritual wedding in Cancun. We will have our ceremony on the Oceanfront Gazebo and our reception and entertainment on the terrace. I know that real resorts does not coordinate a rehearsal so when we get down there ( a week before our wedding date) we will just look around at places near the resort to hold a rehearsal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoesiesluvr View Post
Oh wow! but that just means thats youve had all that time to plan and gather information, now youre more than prepared wink.gif To answer your question, none of our guests are staying at the Gran Caribe. We will all be staying at the Royal since its an Adult Only resort and were only adults lol But yes the Chapel is exquisite, I really loved the look of it but we decided to do a civil ceremony before we leave CA and just do a spiritual wedding in Cancun. We will have our ceremony on the Oceanfront Gazebo and our reception and entertainment on the terrace. I know that real resorts does not coordinate a rehearsal so when we get down there ( a week before our wedding date) we will just look around at places near the resort to hold a rehearsal.
Yes, a lot of time to plan! LOL Oh the Royal is such a nice hotel too! How long is your reception for? I've been thinking about rehearsal ideas too. I'm a fan of Bubba Gumps. It's like caddy-corner from the Gran Caribe and the Royal. Check it out see if you like it. We're thinking of having our rehearsal there. I don't know if you've ever been there but it's a pretty cool environment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • It’s been years... and I’m now searching for the same in Montego Bay or Negril. Did anyone ever have any luck finding? 
    • Hello, I'm new to this site. I got engaged already and get married by next year. I have some doubts regarding our dating destination. Hope you will help me. Thank You!
    • Hello everyone,
      Well, this upcoming valentine's day is special for me because I got engaged and planning to spend the day with my fiance. I'm planning to give her an ethical jumpsuit.

      Other than that I have been searching the internet for some nice discounted coupons and searched among my friends and found different sites. Now, we are looking forward to that wonderful day. We searched a lot and found out, Escape The City. Orangeville is a great place for a day trip or weekend gateway from Toronto.
      Theatre Orangeville is offering a weekend package that includes 2 tickets to a Live performance at the theatre, Premium Overnight Accommodations at Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn and Suites and $75 Downtown Wine and Dine Voucher which is valid at select Downtown restaurants, and Free Entry to the scenic Trails & Bridges of Island Lake.

      We are so excited and eagerly waiting for that day.
      If anyone has got any other suggestions for the venue, kindly share your thoughts/ideas.
      Thank You!
       
    • Please tell me, the best wedding venue in Saskatoon, SK.
    • Hey everyone! Like the others here, I'm interested in wedding reception, venue and all related steps & stuff. Starting with my first and the most important note is that we're international couple and we need to think of bilingual wedding. So the first thing we need to think of is whether it will be interpretation or 2 different venue coordinators, sermons and stuff? What is your experience, what could be the best and affordable solution? From googling the issue I've found this Interactio app team ( describing possible solution here  http://blog.interactio.io/case-study-weddings )Basically they offer to hold the venue in the main language, additionally providing simultaneous interpretation online to other quest's mobile phones. Looks like really easy and creative idea. What about the others? How did you solve this kind of obstacle? Any additional advises would be very welcomed here  
  • Topics

×