• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:59 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MDLady
    I have a miniature poodle and am surprised that poodles are not on the list. They are super smart, friendly, not aggressive, and very trainable. Plus they are hypo-allergenic and do not shed!!!
    I agree, except we have a miniature popmeranian and Im also surprised theyre not on the list, except she does shed...ALOT lol But either way awesome info, were actually looking into getting another dog and this is really insightful. Thanks!
    He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
    My Planning Thread

#12 mnh1983

mnh1983
    • 743 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

Interesting info! We have two basset hounds, and although they are so sweet and laid back. They are just like big teddy bears that just want to snuggle and love on you.

#13 Melidell

Melidell
      • 1,091 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:22 AM

We have a St. Bernard and I'm not suprised that they're on the list for being good with kids. Our big guy is just a gentle giant- he is the sweetest, most docile and easy going dog I've ever seen. He loves kids and is so great with them- he's really friendly but he never jumps up or gets too rowdy. He does shed, though- I feel like I'm always going around with the broom or a vacuum. He needs a lot of space, too, in the house and outside of it- a fenced in yard is a must (there aren't many ropes that could hold him if he wanted to go and Saints can be dumb about cars-if he got loose it could be a disaster). A great dog for us, but not for everyone. I think it's so important to do your research before you get a dog so that you can find one that's a good fit for your lifestyle.
        Loving married life!

#14 vdaybride

vdaybride
        • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:57 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Cassie
          We did a lot of research before deciding on our Westie, but here was one of my favorite tests, was really useful: Animal Planet :: Guides :: Dog Breed Selector
          Thanks for this link...its like you were in my head and knew that I was trying to decide on the dog for my family :)
          Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#15 trance_angelx0x

trance_angelx0x
          • 198 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

Not suprised that my baby is not on the list (doberman pinscher).. people think they are mean and vicious but I say those are the people who've never owned one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users