Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#891 Brandy

Brandy
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

Wow 6' yeah that crazy, they have to cut off I believe 5 or 6" off my dress! Damn being short lol!

#892 Lua

Lua
    • 1,231 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:36 PM

yeah we'll be cutting at least that much off!!!! my heels are fairly tall though (3" i think?) so maybe it won't be so bad.... but that's what happens when i buy a sample dress that is really too big one me too!  i could have easily fit in 1 size smaller. thankfully it is 2 pieces though and for the top, being a corset, we just tie it tight and it fits while holding the girls in nicely ;)

#893 Brandy

Brandy
      • 2,628 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

LOL, yeah we dont want none of this lol

Well have fun this weekend laura!!!

#894 Lua

Lua
        • 1,231 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

hahahaha!!!

thanks! I guess I should finish up some work here before 5 ;)  i'll be back on here monday -

hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

#895 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
          • 1,541 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

LOL  Brandy, great picture!! 

Married the love of my life in April!!

#896 Lua

Lua
            • 1,231 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:12 AM

Well my grandma chickened now at the dressmaker's house 4 hrs away lol... she got it all pinned up this weekend and is going to start the alteration at the beg. of January for me to pick up end of Jan/early Feb.  HOLY COW there's going to be a LOT of fabric coming off of this thing! so much that i'm going to ask to keep it because i might be able to make a little dress for the rehersal dinner/our AHR!! :)  i'm anxious to try the dress on again once it's shortened.  sad that i had to leave it so far away though!

#897 Lua

Lua
              • 1,231 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:15 AM

Oops! hit submit by mistake before finishing lol

supposed to say...

my grandma chickened out about altering my dress because she didn't want to ruin it! hehe.. anyway a friend of one of her friends is a dressmaker, so my dress went there to by altered and my grandma is paying for the alterations to be done.

Originally Posted by Lua 

Well my grandma chickened now at the dressmaker's house 4 hrs away lol... she got it all pinned up this weekend and is going to start the alteration at the beg. of January for me to pick up end of Jan/early Feb.  HOLY COW there's going to be a LOT of fabric coming off of this thing! so much that i'm going to ask to keep it because i might be able to make a little dress for the rehersal dinner/our AHR!! :)  i'm anxious to try the dress on again once it's shortened.  sad that i had to leave it so far away though!

#898 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:23 AM

Lua - good to hear you are getting your alterations done. It would be great to have another dress made with the extra fabric. I dropped mine off for alterations too, but mine should be ready in a couple weeks since they are just taking in the sides.

I can't believe I am finally under the 150 day mark!

#899 Lua

Lua
                  • 1,231 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:55 AM

hehehe i found a pic of the back of my dress on someone else.. someone who obviously did not get it altered!! ;)  look at how much fabric is on this thing!!!!!

Maggie-Sottero-A-line-Brittanya-white-2007-19586.jpg

i'm getting basically the whole train taken off..... so it maybe drags only a ft or so behind me :) so there will be a LOT of extra fabric

#900 Brandy

Brandy
                    • 2,628 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:18 AM

OH wow that is a lot of fabric!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users