Photo

Azul Beach Hotel in Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 nylalany

nylalany
  • 625 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:04 AM

And they restrict you to weddings of less than 60 guests, sadly. It had been my first choice.

#12 bre

bre
    • 205 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:48 AM

We considered Azul briefly but I heard they had less than 100 rooms. I didn't trust some of our guests to book in time to get a room during the peak January season. Also, we wanted a bigger resort so all of our guests wouldn't feel like they had to spend time with other guests.

It looks amazing though!
      Bre & Pete
      January 19, 2008
      El Dorado Royale

#13 kburton

kburton
      • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:29 PM

I too was looking at Azul. Did you decide on another resort?

My Fiance and I have been so excited to have a destination wedding on the beach in the Riveria Maya. I have my sister-in-law and cousin helping me look at resorts and pricing. Just when I thought we were good to go (we just had to pin down a date) they both called me after crunching some numbers. It seems like all the resorts I have found pretty much cost the same for all-inclusive stays (5 days is what most people want to stay). When you add in the cost for the resort plus airfare it would cost people about $4000-$5000 to bring a family of 4. The whole point of us doing a destination wedding was to cut down on costs by not having as many people attend but also so that we don't have to pay for a bunch of extras (ceremony location, reception location, decorations, etc).

Is anyone having the same problems/concerns? Has anyone found a resort in the Riveria Maya (or Cancun) that might not cost as much for a family of four but with the same great ammenities?

Help...I'll be devistated if we can't do our wedding in Mexico (we won't due it if close family can't attend).

#14 bcbride

bcbride
        • 176 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:53 AM

I have some questions... I really like the intimate and private atmosphere of the karisma hotels... was wondering if anyone knows what the beach is like here at azul beach? I may have children on my guest list so the El Dorado resorts are out of the question...

#15 nylalany

nylalany
          • 625 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:52 AM

When I site-visited, it was pretty small - but then again, it is a small hotel. I didn't go in the water though, so I can't comment on the water itself (rocks, etc.). But much of the hotel (restaurant/bar/pool) is overlooking the beach/ocean, so that makes up for it somewhat.

#16 gillianr718

gillianr718
            • 14 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

wow!  this thread is really old.  all the info is out of date.

#17 SimplyMV

SimplyMV
              • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Azul Beach just isn't the hotspot I guess..lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users