Question about DIY Rhinestones

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sungoddess_08

• 829 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

I bought iron-on rhinstone letters and sayings from Michaels for $1.00. I ironed them on, and when I tried to peel off the clear plastic some of the gems came off with it. So I tried to iron again but the same thing happened. I managed to use tweezers to get them back in place and iron AGAIN lol...So now, I'm wondering is there anything I can put on it to make it stay in place longer than one time of wearing it.

Any tips -- I was thinking like clear nailpolish or hair spray? lol..am I way off base?

#2 Mallory57

• 454 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:44 AM

yikes I have no idea...I wanted to use these too, sorry to hear they're such a pain. I'm pretty sure they make a clear super-glue(one that's made for fabrics though)...maybe that would work?
      35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#3 autjo

• 2,182 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:48 AM

I've had that happen before... it's because the glue on the rhinestone was crappy or you ironed it too long and all of the glue melted away. It happens. I use Aleene's OK To Wash It glue when the pre-glue stuff fails. You can buy it at the hobby store or Wal-Mart.

#4 bnbrmy

• 218 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:45 AM

I use a glue called E-6000. Its a craft glue and can get it at walmart or any craft store. Once they are on there they do not come off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users